We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at FCO at1330 best way to plan and go to Naples

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving at FCO at1330 best way to plan and go to Naples

Wasn't sure if should pushed to Sorrento and have 3nights ( plan A) or 1 night Naples and 2nights sorrento(plan B)

If Plan A, will go from a Sorrento to Pompeii on way back to Rome but where to keep luggage? Catch train? Station has lockers?

If PlanB, May go on tour coach but was told no space for luggage. Any good tour suggestion?

If have to choose between Mt Vesuvius and Mt Etna ( later from cruise as option). Any ideas on choice?

Also

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Naples
Naples
Pompeii
Pompeii
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,320 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving at FCO at1330 best way to plan and go to Naples

There is a left luggage office at the Piazza Anfiteatro entrance/exit, but I'm not sure if there one at the Via Misteri (Porta Marina entrance/exit - near the Circumesuviana stop).

Mt. Vesuvio is easier to climb than Etna and you can do it on your own, while the top sections of Etna require a guide.

Mentioned in this post
Vesuvio
Vesuvio
6,437 Reviews
Naples, Italy
New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
9,101 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving at FCO at1330 best way to plan and go to Naples

The Pompeii Circumvesuviana station has left luggage - go down the stairs to the underpass that leads to the other platform - you'll find it where the toilets are.

Mentioned in this post
Pompeii
Pompeii
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,320 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving at FCO at1330 best way to plan and go to Naples

Great solution Kathy. I've probably walked by it half a dozen times and never noticed it - very good at filtering out that which doesn't concern me I guess.

4. Re: Arriving at FCO at1330 best way to plan and go to Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:18