We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car facility/garage(?) at Napoli Centrale

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car facility/garage(?) at Napoli Centrale

We are going to rent a car for a day trip from Naples in November. I see that there are many car rental companies that rent at Centrale. We haven’t selected where we are staying yet, but it will likely be in the central area. Is there a car park nearby to pick up and drop off cars close to the station? I know the rail station is not in the ZTL, but its close. I don’t want to wander into it on leaving or returning, so I’d like to double check the routes in and out. The other option is to rent at the airport. Any suggestions on which is the better option? We are going to Barletta which is east of Naples. Thanks

arewin

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,843 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car facility/garage(?) at Napoli Centrale

Rent at the airport and do not drive through Naples. The driving is crazy and the streets are narrow.

Burlington, ON
Level Contributor
89 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car facility/garage(?) at Napoli Centrale

If you are heading towards Barletta, I would definitely pick up and drop off the car at the airport. You will avoid driving in Naples and the airport has very easy access to the highway you need. We picked up our car at the airport when we were going to Foggia last year and it was very easy to navigate the roads out of the airport.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car facility/garage(?) at Napoli Centrale

Lupaling & PortiaG, thanks for confirming what I thought, but just wanted confirmation. Didn’t want to find out that leaving from Centale was easy. Thanks

arewin

4. Re: Rental car facility/garage(?) at Napoli Centrale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 06:15