We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Naples to Genoa

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Naples to Genoa

Im trying to get from Naples to Rapallo in September. Alitalia flights from Naples to Genoa (with a stop in Rome) are over $1,000 for 4 travelers. I found fares on Volotea Airlines (direct flight) for $308.00 for 4 travelers. I have read some reviews about this airline on TA so I am hesitant to book this flight but the only other option I have is to either fly to Florence or Milan and have a car service take us to Rapallo. Has anyone had good experiences with Volotea?

Train travel is not an option for us as I will be traveling with aging parents who cannot carry luggage onto a train or walk great distances. Any reviews or recommendations would be helpful.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Naples to Genoa

QUOTE:

"Train travel is not an option for us as I will be traveling with aging parents who cannot carry luggage onto a train or walk great distances."

Taking the train is actually your best bet, IMO, and will result in LESS walking and LESS stress for your parents. The only thing you'll need to do is carry luggage on and off ONE SINGLE train (direct Trenitalia Intercity train), which departs Napoli Centrale at 7:31 a.m. and arrives at Rapallo at 14:46. No change of trains. No connections whatsoever. Very little walking involved. You simply take a taxi TO Napoli Centrale station, then a taxi FROM the Rapallo train station to your hotel or apartment. No messing with airport buses, walking up and down airplane ladders, airport security, ground connections, etc.

Another great point is that you can book the train in advance for as little as 9 Euros per person (non-refundable, non-changeable, capacity-controlled Super Economy fare). Look for Intercity train 510 from Naples direct to Rapallo. You can book up to four months in advance. For a September date, you're very likely to get the 9-Euro rate. I repeat: 9 Euros per person!!!!! That beats Volotea for me.

Edited: 12 May 2014, 01:27
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Naples to Genoa

Intercity 510 originates in Salerno at 6:30 a.m., and stops in Naples for over 20 minutes, which is plenty of time to board the train with luggage. Seats are reserved, so there is no particular need to rush on board. Luggage will need to be placed either overhead or under the seats. The train probably has the traditional separate seating compartments of six seats (three seats facing each other). Others in the compartment can help you to lift the luggage onto the overhead racks. Just ask!

Quainton, United...
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Naples to Genoa

If you can pull a bag on its wheels up to an airport check-in desk and put it on the belt, you can pull the same bag up to a train-side and put it in the train.

And the trains go centre to centre, with planes you have to get to and from remote airports, which often means TWO train rides, one at each end!

Plus flying means a disjointed journey, nothing to see, with airport hassle. Trains are the relaxed option, with scenery to see, freedom to move around - bring a good book and bottle of wine! (Try doing that on a plane)

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Naples to Genoa

if you want to fly, fly Volotea direct. Reckon on €70 to €150 for a taxi from Genoa Airport to Rapallo. http://www.rissotaxiserraricco.it/ has been recommended by previous posters at the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Going by train will almost certainly be easier for your parents than having to transfer flights at Rome's busy and large Fiumicino airport, while spending over €400 for a car service from a Milan airport is ridiculous as in both cases, the total journey times are likely to be considerably longer than going by train once travel to and from airports and airport processing times are taken into account.

While the direct Intercity train from Naples to Rapallo is an option, alternative train connections with a short level transfer at Roma Termini are slightly faster, and use more modern trains.

5. Re: Flights from Naples to Genoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:18