We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples and Amalfi Coast

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
9 posts
Save Topic
Naples and Amalfi Coast

Wanted to spend our 10 year wedding anniversary in Amalfi - specifically Positano. Any suggestions on planning and ways to break up trip. For mid-October this year. Say flying in to Naples - staying a couple of days and one day travel to Pompeii - Then on to Positano to spend say 5 or so days. Maybe day trip to Capri? Any suggestions on what to do or how to best break up trip? We are not huge beach people - so if weather is not best it's okay - just not rainy. Any suggestions welcome! Grazie! :)

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,005 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples and Amalfi Coast

Personally, I would fly into Naples and have a driver take you directly to Positano, where you can relax and recover from jetlag. Assuming the seas are not too rough, you could take day trips via ferry to Capri and to Amalfi/Ravello.

Then I would go to Naples, from where you can visit Pompeii, Herculaneum, even Paestum.

I adore Positano, so would spend much more time there, but it depends on your interests.

Los Angeles...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples and Amalfi Coast

Thank you AGAIN! :)

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,005 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples and Amalfi Coast

Any time!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,412 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples and Amalfi Coast

I would take on board Engred's suggestion to get a driver to Positano (which is what I always do) and get them to stop for a few hours at Pompeii on the way. That way you're not backtracking and Pompeii is a hassle to get to from Positano. Get a quote from this transport company - I always use them and they have very competitive prices.

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g187785…

5. Re: Naples and Amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16