We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with Almafi coast travel itinerary...

Sydney
Level Contributor
679 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with Almafi coast travel itinerary...

Dear Destination Experts

We are flying from London to Naples. The flight arrives at mid-day in late August and we have 13 precious nights and 14 days to explore the Almafi coast (9 nights) and Rome (4 nights). We would really appreciate your help in helping us draft an itinerary that will enable us to spend quality time in this beautiful part of the world.

My thoughts are to head directly from Naples International airport to either Sorrento or Salerno. So, should we:

1. spend a couple of nights in either one of the two towns and explore surrounding areas close by;

2. moved from either Sorrento or Salerno to Positano. Plan to stay in Positano for a couple of nights but noticed that the price range of accommodation maybe more than what our budget can tolerate. Hoping not to exceed AUD120 per night for two

3. Thinking perhaps that staying in Praiano or Amalfi or perhaps Vietri Sul Mare will be more to my budget liking.

4. Heading to Rome via Naples on 2 Sep

I would appreciate your advice on how best to spread our time amongst those areas mentioned above.

Thanks.

Sydney
Level Contributor
679 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with Almafi coast travel itinerary...

Also, found this site and wondering if the information except prices still hold?

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k7…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,753 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with Almafi coast travel itinerary...

If you are talking about this coming August - your decision about where to stay may well depend on what is still available. It is the busiest month of the entire year - and places will have been booked up, some almost a year in advance.

Get to looking ASAP to see what may work for your budget - which is only 81 euros; I can't think of anywhere in the world that has a popular seaside destination in August at such a low budget - Y

You may find something on the Cilento Coast, a bit south of Salerno, but even there, I highly doubt it. Do start to think (and post here) in euros to make it easier for people here to offer suggestions. You can use www.xe.com to see the currency exchange rates.

www.venere.com is a good site to look for lodging. Maybe try for an apartment for the full 9 days - no need to move around in the area - better to stay in one spot so you don't have that added hassle of moving lodging. Keep in mind it will be wicked hot and crowded and running around from place to place may not seem as appealing when you are there.

Vietri Sul Mare is a sweet little village - do check there.

www.positano.com

www.amalficoastweb.com

Good luck!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with Almafi coast travel itinerary...

If you're on a budget, forget Positano. I stay in probably the cheapest pensione in town and pay 95 euro per night. As Momcat points out - it's probably booked out anyway. Why not try Salerno? It's commuting distance via ferry from the Amalfi Coast yet surprisingly flies under the tourist radar. You've left it very late in the day to book for August which is peak season. Good luck.

Sydney
Level Contributor
679 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with Almafi coast travel itinerary...

Hello!

Thank you all for your feedback and tips. I did managed to find a bnb near Sorrento that meets my budget. I think it is a better choice staying in this town than in Positano.

5. Re: Need help with Almafi coast travel itinerary...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:16