We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples for 1 night

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Naples for 1 night

Hi guys,

I've been to Italy a number of times before.. I've fallen in love with the place. I just booked a trip to Rome/Naples. We'll be staying in Naples from Monday at around 2pm - Tuesday at around the same time.

I've looked through guide books etc and there is just so much to see and do... Any recommendations on something I just can't miss?

Thanks in advance :)

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
148 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples for 1 night

It depends on your interests.

Try "Napoli Sotterranea" is a guided tour 40 mt under the historic center, through the old Roman underground aqueduct. Google Napoli Sotterranea to find the website and check the schedules. They have tours in English.

You could also visit the National Archaeological Museum, with a plenty of finds from Pompeii and Herculaneum (but I'm afraid it's closed on Monday or Tuesday, check in the internet to be sure).

After that, a walk through the historic center (it's an UNESCO heritage site) and pizza, of course.

Should you prefer shopping, try the shopping streets of via Chiaia and via Toledo.

napoli
Level Contributor
308 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples for 1 night

It depends if you want to see the monuments or take a stroll on the boardwalk and see the shops

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,148 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples for 1 night

With just one day I would stick to the Historic Centre and have some pizza at Sorbillo or one of the other mega famous places (they close between 3pm and 7pm so check your times). Agree with the Naples Archaeological Museum - it's first rate and nowhere else in the world can you see such an enormous collection of Pompeii/Herculaneum artefacts - it is closed Tuesdays.

If you're there on a Tuesday, then visit the Certosa or the Capidomonte museum. Both are incredible.

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g187785…

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g187785…

Tizemi - what do you mean by boardwalk? I just know of the Via Partenope area but there are no shops there - just restaurants.

napoli
Level Contributor
308 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples for 1 night

At the end of Via partenope there is an elevator, go up and get to the piazza plebiscito, after there is Via Toledo and Via Chiaia and there are many shops!!!

napoli
Level Contributor
308 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naples for 1 night

Or take a walk on Via Caracciolo and at the end, go to piazza dei martiri and via filangieri and there are luxury shops

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,148 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naples for 1 night

Tizemi - yes I know the area you mean but the OP doesn't - it is about a 15 minute walk from the Via Partenope waterfront/restaurant area to Via Toledo shops. Also, where is this elevator on Via Partenope? Never heard of that either - intriguing to say the least.

napoli
Level Contributor
308 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naples for 1 night

The restaurants are in Via Caracciolo while away partenope is after the marina. There is an elevator that takes you to the piazza plebiscito

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,699 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Naples for 1 night

The elevator that tizemi is describing isn't on Via Partenope, it's on Via Acton right at the entrance to the Vittoria tunnel that takes the traffic under Piazza Plebiscito. If you are walking along Via Acton with the water on your left and the royal palace above you on the right, as you approach the tunnel you'll see the ascencore Acton just to the right of the entrance to the tunnel.

napoli
Level Contributor
308 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Naples for 1 night

Via Partenope and via acton intersect, then at the end of Via partenope there is elevator

https://www.google.it/maps/place/Via+Partenope/@40.8342118,14.2499226,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x133b09ac7978be3f:0x5a0d15b45cef007

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,699 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Naples for 1 night

We are somewhat dancing on the head of pin about this address, but for someone unfamiliar with Naples looking at a map they'd be very confused.

The road known as Via Partenope continues past Castel dell'Ouvo but the name of the street changes as it turns north to Via Nazario Sauro, and then it changes to Via Acton when it again makes a left turn just past Via Cesario Console. As a result, streets named Partenope and Acton never actually intersect, they are different segments of the same street.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 13:50