We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

What are the chances I will be able to catch a train to Vico Equense from the Naples airport at 830pm at night on a Wednesday evening in September? Should I plan on staying the night in Naples and catch a train in the morning? I am traveling alone and will have had a long flight all day before arriving in Naples airport.

Thanks for your advice!

Mentioned in this post
Vico Equense
Vico Equense
Province of Naples, Italy
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,218 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

The chances are zero, because there's no train station at the airport.

There is a bus direct to Vico Equense from the airport, but the last run of the day departs at 7:30 PM, too early for you: http://www.curreriviaggi.it/

If you're up for it after a long day of travel, you could take the Alibus from the airport to Napoli Centrale train station (3 Euro, runs every 20 - 30 minutes throughout the day, last departure from the airport at 11:40 PM: http://www.portal.gesac.it/portal/page/portal/fckeditor/image/internet/IN%20ARRIVO/Alibus.JPG), then walk downstairs to the Circumvesuviana Garibaldi station and take the local train from there to Vico Equense. The train schedule is here: eavcampania.it/web/…Cx.pdf

Mentioned in this post
Vico Equense
Vico Equense
Napoli Centrale
Napoli Centrale
170 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,538 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

elstravels' suggestion is a good one. After flying all the way from the West Coast (like I do), I would opt for a taxi to Napoli Centrale, but I am lazy that way. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Napoli Centrale
Napoli Centrale
170 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

Thank you both for great information...I am thinking it might be best to take a taxi to a lovely Naples hotel near the train station and leave for Vico Equense in the morning. Any suggestions for such a hotel?

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Vico Equense
Vico Equense
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,218 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

Naples has a fixed-fare taxi scheme, so the trip to the train station or a hotel in the area would be 16 Euro. You must specify the fixed fare before the trip begins; you can download the fare chart from the city's web site here: …napoli.it/flex/…1193 (the third pdf in the list is in English).

I've never stayed in one of the hotels at the train station so I can't help you with that. I like to get my travel over with all at once, so I'd be likely to push through and get to my final destination on arrival day rather than check in, check out, then check in again the next day, but that's me.

Once you've spent 16 Euro to get downtown ... you're about 15%-20% into the cost of a taxi direct from the airport to Vico Equense, maybe that's your answer?

Edited: 10 July 2014, 00:31
Mentioned in this post
Vico Equense
Vico Equense
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,538 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

I agree with els - get all of your travel done as soon as possible! For me it would be totally worth it to take a taxi direct from NAP to Vico. I have taken both a taxi and a private driver from NAP to Positano after the long flight from the West Coast and it was worth every penny!

Then you can wake up and enjoy Vico on your first day!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

Excellent advice...I think the taxi direct to Vico Equense is the answer! I will be lugging around my bags and full of jet lag, a taxi ride to my final destination is just perfect. Thanks to you both for your thoughts.

Mentioned in this post
Vico Equense
Vico Equense
Capri, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sorrento, Capri
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

Another suggest: book your transfer with a private driver in advance. It will be cheaper than catch a taxi outside the airport.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

Hello,

I have been reading this forum and will arrive in Naples at a similar time in August. We will be a party of 5 and wonder if you could suggest acreutable company to book to take us to pompei.

Thank you

Sorrento
Level Contributor
653 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

Check with some car agencies , I used Transferelax tripadvisor.it/Attraction_Review-g187782-d39…

10. Re: Arrive at Naples Airport at 815pm, Train to Vico Equense?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:15