We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naples trip

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
naples trip

Hi I'm travelling to Naploli in a week. We are only going yo be around for 2 days so want yo make the most of it with the limited stay. Any suggestions as for where to eat and cool things to do? Many thanks

uk
Level Contributor
551 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: naples trip

Depends on your tastes, if you click on my posts, you'll get general tourist stuff, KathyW is an expert on history and other things, she's been there more times than me, as has elstravels.

Go through the other posts to get an idea of what you want first, then come back for a refined list.

A lot of people say the DK guide is one of the best, worth the money for the maps etc.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,699 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: naples trip

You don't say where you are staying so any recommendations for what to do in your short time will depend on where your hotel is.

You also need to specify your interests. I could recommend the Pio Della Monte Misericordia for Caravaggio's Seven Acts of Mercy but if you're not interested in art then, there is no point. I could recommend the church of San Gregorio Armenio but if you're not interested in baroque architecture...again, there is no point. So work out what interests you and come back to us.

Vinny J (above poster) is the expert on Naples' food so check out some of his restaurant reviews and posts - they are unmissable.

ischia
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: naples trip

Well... a pizza in any case is a must, so experience it at one of the pizzerias at Spaccanapoli, and don't miss the best sfogliatella in town near the main train station at Attanasio... Buon appetito...

4. Re: naples trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:17