We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in Naples

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
One Day in Naples

Hi,

My husband and I will have one full day in Naples. What do you recommend we see? What to do? We will be in Positano, Sorrento and Capri the few weeks prior. I'm looking for something specifically in Naples. We would prefer to spend the day in a nice area in Naples with restaurants. We would like to skip museums and churches. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,673 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in Naples

If you don't like museums or churches, what do you like to see or do? It would be easier to offer helpful suggestions if you can elaborate more about yourself and your preferences.

One possibility that isn't a church or a museum is the underground tour: www.napolisotterranea.org/en/excursions/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day in Naples

Since we only have one day - I think walking around in a nice/romantic neighborhood would be ideal. We like to eat, shop, drink, relax. I know this isn't much to go on...but any help you can offer is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,673 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day in Naples

Romantic is a somewhat subjective standard ... and generally not one of the first adjectives used to describe Naples.

I find the city extremely evocative in so many ways.

A walk along the waterfront (lungomare) near Castel dell'Ovo in the evening for the sunset would be lovely.

During the daytime it would be interesting to check out a variety of different neighborhoods. In the morning the street market along Via Pignasecca might be interesting, followed by a ride in the Montesanto funiculare up to the Vomero neighborhood, for shopping and people watching.

Although it is a museum, you might break your pattern by checking out the Certosa di San Martino, which overlooks the bay of Naples. While it is both a church and a museum (I know, a double "no-no" but bear with me) it's relatively small and user friendly. It's worth it alone to see their collection of presepe (elaborate nativity scenes).

Later in the day it would be fun to check out the Spaccanapoli area and, while there, walk down Via Gregorio Armeno where the shops that sell all the little parts for the presepe are located.

Stick in a great pizza for lunch and a wonderful dinner somewhere and you've got a day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day in Naples

Thanks for the advice!

uk
Level Contributor
498 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day in Naples

Done a dozen similar trips, with slight variations, to be honest, a cruise day spent doing a relaxing stroll like that, will give you a day of a lifetime, rather than trying to do Pompeii, Capri, Sorrento and Vesuvious in a day.......

ischia
Level Contributor
932 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day in Naples

Stroll around the waterfront, lungomare, have a look to the castle, lunch and ice-cream in one of the restaurants in front of the sea, a short look to the better shops in Via Calabritto and Piazza dei Martiri and to finish a touch of "neapolitan way of life" eating a local speciality , a "tarallo", a sort of a pepper biscuit on the waterfront where neapolitans go to walk in the evening. Enjoy....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Day in Naples

Thank you!

8. Re: One Day in Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:16