We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

I have a 600 am flight from Naples Airport via Medina Saturday. It does not appear that the alibus starts service until 6 am .. Viator had an interesting offer of taxi service advertised as $9.83 but when you launch the app the real price is more than 50$

Hotel Shuttle charge is 38€

What options can TA's suggest ?

Also options for a good restaurant near via Medina ?

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

Take a taxi. The fixed fare from Via Medina/Piazza Municipio is only 19 Euro. To get this fare you must tell the driver you want it (the "tariffa predeterminate") before the trip begins.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

You can read and download the fixed fare taxi information from the city's web site here: …napoli.it/flex/…1193

The third pdf below the cartoon of the taxi is in English. I always travel with a copy, even though the charts are posted inside each cab. I like to be able to point to what I want in case the driver seems not to understand my Italian.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

Thanks very much for your reply very useful especially to carry the pdf

I have the bus schedule in pdf on my Samsung and carry it religiously !

ischia
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

Only taxi, it is true there are fixed rates for the airport but if the driver is honest, you should be able enough to spend less than the fixed rate because at 5 'o clock in the morning time nobody is on the street, so it's up to you, trust or not to the driver?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

Another question then how to arrange for the taxi. Is there a number I call or have the hotel call for? If so, does that qualify the hotel to be paid as well ?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

I thought there was an extra charge on the taxi fare when it is that early in the morning. For 6 am flight, don't you have to leave your hotel around 4 am?? I usually arrange through the hotel and the fare is usually around 30Euro

ischia
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

That's right! You have to pay the night extra fare as well, about the call don't worry, if you ask for the fixed rate you'll not pay the "extra" for the hotel....

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

There is no extra night fare for the fixed fares - no extra charges at all. If you go with the meter you will pay extra for the late night/early morning timing as well as for luggage.

I frequently take a 6:15 AM flight out of Naples and leave from the same area (Piazza Municipio). I use the fixed fare because I like to know exactly what it will cost and I don't want a hassle or surprises. With the fixed fare the driver has no incentive to do anything but get me there as quickly as possible.

There is no extra fee for the hotel calling for you, they can even set it up the night before (which is what I do, from my apartment).

Edited: 24 August 2014, 15:19
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

I'm confused now. Is there or is there not an extra night charge on fixed fare? Can you or can you not have the hotel call for a taxi to use meter? Is meter less money because of no traffic, but then a night surcharge?

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 am flight- Transport Options to Naples Airport

- There is NO extra night charge with the fixed fares

- There is NO extra luggage charge with the fixed fares

- Fixed fares apply 24 hours a day, seven days a week

- You can have the hotel call for a taxi, regardless of which fare scheme you choose

- The meter fare may be less early in the morning due to little/no traffic, but you will pay the night fare supplement as well as baggage fees

You can read it all for yourself on the city's web site: …napoli.it/flex/…1193