We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pizza lunch in naples .... luggage problems.

Augusta
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
pizza lunch in naples .... luggage problems.

Hi, my family will be travelling through Naples to get to my wedding in Positano... just 4 of them. They are arriving at the airport at 11:10 am. They will take the Metro Del Mare ferry to get to Positano. I was hoping to find someway for them to lunch in Naples (pizza, of course) before getting on the ferry. However, I'm worried about their luggage. I'm not sure where Trianon or Da Michele are located in context to the city, but is there any way to pull this off easily? I can't imagine it would be convenient or safe for them to bring luggage with... but I hate the idea of them paying a lot to store their luggage for lunch. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jennifer

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
258 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pizza lunch in naples .... luggage problems.

one suggestion - if you're staying at a hotel in positano, maybe it has an affiliation with one in naples and could arrange a temporary luggage hold for you there.

sorrento
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pizza lunch in naples .... luggage problems.

I see your plan a little complicated. I'd have them have a snack at the bar by the beverello dock, and try to get to Positano earlier in order to concentrate on a more relaxed dinner in the evening ;-)

Fuorigrotta...
Level Contributor
289 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pizza lunch in naples .... luggage problems.

hello.

if you had to get back to the train station you could leave your luggage at the left luggage place whilst you had lunch but since where you want to eat pizza will be halfway between station and port you'd be better off taking them with you. Trianon is bigger (but often they make you climb upstairs for tables so having luggage wouldn't be fun) but at Da Michele space is so tight there's no room for luggage without feeling like a huge nuisance. There is a very good pizzeria and restaurant, which is popular both with tourists in the know and locals (especially the university staff from the Partenope Uni beside Castel Nuovo) right at the port, tucked up an alley. It's called Castel Nuovo (surprise surprise) and they are extremely friendly and the food is very good. (house wine wee bitty rough though - so perhaps splash out on a bottle!) They are open all day and speak every language under the sun (yes i exaggerate!) and would not mind your luggage. It is on a cobbled street - address is Piazza Francese 42. You can get to it off Piazza Muncipio or the main drag opposite the tourist port. Just ask someone or you'll see signs. You shouldn't need to book but if you want to the number is 081 551 5524. It's literally two minutes from the port.