We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

admission price for kids??

sandiego
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
admission price for kids??

Does anyone know if the kids admission price is the same as adult for Pompeii and Hercularium? We were going to get the 3 day Artecard for the region for the adults. We have Three kids 7,9 and 11. I was wondering if we should get it for them too?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: admission price for kids??

That's a very good question, to which the answer's not apparent in either of the two places I would have expected!

www.pompeiisites.org/Sezione.jsp…

culturacampania.rai.it/site/en-gb/Cultural_H…

Peter

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: admission price for kids??

EU citizens - and only EU citizens - under 18 are admitted free of charge to all state-owned museums and archeological sites in Italy.

Reduced prices are offered, according to Pompeiisites, to "EU citizens aged 18-24 and EU permanent school teachers."

sandiego
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: admission price for kids??

Thanks for your reply.

We are American, so I guess the kids are not free, but do they pay adult admission? I guess we should buy them the Artecard too!!

South Orange, New...
Destination Expert
for Campania
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: admission price for kids??

American children pay the same as adults at most sites in Italy :-( and EU citizens will need to bring ID as proof of citizenship. (7yr old may get away without paying for public transport - usually goes by height, rather than actual age...which has left out my very tall 9yr old for quite a few years now)

Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: admission price for kids??

In regards to height do you have anymore information- does it only apply to certain public transport as in local? I am interested as I have a 8 year old who is not very tall.

UK
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: admission price for kids??

Triptoitaly - if you are from WA or SA your children will get in to State run sites for free. See this link, Annex 1.

romapass.it/doc/gratuita_e_riduzioni_eng.pdf

Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: admission price for kids??

Thank you ModemUK, very useful information, we are from Victoria which is the southern part of Australia.

Appreicate your assistance

8. Re: admission price for kids??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 05:18