We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance between train lines

Which Pompeii hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edina, Minnesota
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
distance between train lines

I plan to travel in the area around this coming December.

Please tell me what is the distance between the train station of Trenitalia line in Pompeii and that of Circumvesuviana line. Is it easy to get a taxi to go between these two lines at about 8:00AM? we are two seniors and each have a medium size luggage.

thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance between train lines

Where are you coming from and trying to get to?

Donna

Edina, Minnesota
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: distance between train lines

Thanks for the speedy reply.

we are hoping to visit Pompeii, may be stay in Pompeii that evening, then take a direct train to Roma Termini, eventually to the cruise port, the following morning.

we are trying to avoid changing trains in Naples while hauling luggages, with the allege abundance of pickpockets around Naples train station. I am aware there is still train changing in Roma Termini.

we hope to visit Naples, but at a day when we don't have luggages in tow.

any suggestions is greatly appreciated

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,989 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distance between train lines

So far as I can see, there are no trains from Trenitalia's Pompei station to Rome that do not require a change of train at Naples.

In my opinion, the pickpocket problem at Naples Central is no worse than at Rome Termini. At both places, it is advisable to carry any valuables in a money belt under your clothes and to keep hold of your luggage.

But hundreds of thousands of people use both Naples and Rome stations every day, and almost all of them have absolutely no problems.

UK
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distance between train lines

Could you leave your main luggage in the luggage storage at Rome Termini and just take overnight bags with you to Pompei?

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: distance between train lines

Take the Circumvesuviana commuter rail in both directions between Napoli Centrale and Pompei Scavi. There is a hotel right by the ruins and the Circumvesuviana Villa dei Misteri station: Hotel Villa dei Misteri.

There are no direct Trenitalia trains between Pompei (FS Station) and Rome. You must always connect at Napoli Centrale. There is no reason for you to walk or take a taxi between the two different train stations in Pompei.

Edina, Minnesota
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: distance between train lines

Thanks!

7. Re: distance between train lines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 06:21