We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

funny question-region area in Pompeii with casts of people?

Manila
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
funny question-region area in Pompeii with casts of people?

Hi! I have a funny question. But we have limited time in Pompeii. We are interested in some frescoes, their brothels, rich enclaves and casts of people in poses where they are found. I have found online info re the frescoes, brothels and rich enclaves which are mostly concentrated in Region 6 of the Pompeii map. But I can not find any information which Region of Pompeii map has the casts of people which we often see in books, tv shows etc. If someone has some information, please. Thank you.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: funny question-region area in Pompeii with casts of people?

Have you checked www.pompeiisites.org

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: funny question-region area in Pompeii with casts of people?

I can give you specific locations - there are plaster casts in the Macellum which is part of the Forum; the Stabian Baths and Garden of the Fugitives

Scranton...
Level Contributor
518 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: funny question-region area in Pompeii with casts of people?

The Garden of the Fugitives is in Region IX, very close to the Porta Nocera gate.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,680 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: funny question-region area in Pompeii with casts of people?

Google map of Pompeii

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Macellum is the blue fish marker

Porta Nocera near where the garden of the Fugitive is is the red sleeper

Stabain baths is the blue swimmer

Manila
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: funny question-region area in Pompeii with casts of people?

thank you everyone. I also stumbled also upon a site enumerating where but with reminder that the casts are move around now and then ! :)

6. Re: funny question-region area in Pompeii with casts of people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 06:16