We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vesuvuis Express Bus

Which Pompeii hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Havelock North, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vesuvuis Express Bus

I would like to know where the closest Vesuvius Express bus stop is to Pompeii Scavi train station to travel to Mt Vesuvius crater?

What are the depature times from Pompeii Scavi? (Travel dates are in October)

What are the departure times from Mt Vesuvius?

Thankyou

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vesuvuis Express Bus

a simple p l e a s e and some common courtesy - may assist your inquiries ?

the people on theses forums are not paid travel agents - all volunteers - often with heaps of travel experience which they are only too happy to share - providing you demonstrate some - courtesy !

Havelock North, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vesuvuis Express Bus

I humbly apologise for appearing to sound rude and discourteous. Guilty of hitting the Post button without re-reading what I had written. I am most grateful for the assistance and advice on this Forum that everyone freely gives. So please accept my apology.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vesuvuis Express Bus

I am not sure about the Vesuvius Express Bus but I can tell you about our recent trip if that helps ? We travelled by train to Pompeii Scavi then took the tour that was operated by a company at the station. The bus took us to the jeep which took us up Vesuvius. From there we had a 20 minute hike to the crater. A brief guide was given followed by time to explore and take photos. Took around 3 hours and cost €22 each.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vesuvuis Express Bus

I am not sure about the Vesuvius Express Bus but I can tell you about our recent trip if that helps ? We travelled by train to Pompeii Scavi then took the tour that was operated by a company at the station. The bus took us to the jeep which took us up Vesuvius. From there we had a 20 minute hike to the crater. A brief guide was given followed by time to explore and take photos. Took around 3 hours and cost €22 each. Tour runs every hour on the hour as far as I recall

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,699 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vesuvuis Express Bus

The Vesuvius Express bus goes from the Ercolano Scavi train station to the base of the Grand Cone, it does not go to Pompei.

There are other private operators who work out of the Pompei Scavi Circumvesuviana train station but I've never come across a web site for any of them.

There is also the EAV circuit bus that travels between Pompei and Vesuvio: eavcampania.it/web/…Pompei_-_Vesuvio.pdf

Vesuvio Express: http://www.vesuvioexpress.info/

6. Re: Vesuvuis Express Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 05:17