We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city hall or records office

Boynton Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
city hall or records office

I am travelling to Gaeta and hope to find records of my grandfather's birth and home address. Is there a Government office where these records are kept?

Thank you

Eileen Primiano

eprimiano@bellsouth.net

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: city hall or records office

Hi.

I am taking my family To Gaeta this summer - my last name is Gaeta and I have had a life long ambition to see the town of my namesake. My idea is to try the library and see if they have any local history that would contain my relatives' names, etc.

I wish you a safe journey and lots of luck finding your "roots".

Dennisgaeta @yahoo.com

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: city hall or records office

You could try at the town hall, asking for the Ufficio Anagrafe ( Office of vital statistics)

georgia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: city hall or records office

Eileen,

I am just curious to see if you have traveled to Gaeta yet and if so, did you have any luck finding info on your grandfather. We are planning a trip to Gaeta in October with my mom and dad with the intention of trying to locate ancestors.

gaeta
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: city hall or records office

Hi..I saw your post on a web site for the town of Gaeta, Italy... I am also interested in locating family there...did you get a web site or email address for any town or city location? Could you please email me if you did at : bizbino@adelphia.net ? My name is Christine Moore and my family came from there.

Thank y ou.

5. Re: city hall or records office

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 19:18