We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Bus Map

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida, USA
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Topic
Rome Bus Map

Anyone know where I can get a good one of these? Will they send me one if I request it or do I need to get it on the net somewhere? Thanks again.

Adam

New York, NY
Level Contributor
91 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome Bus Map

Good luck if you can find one! Perhaps pre-trip planning would help, esp. on the net. We came back a couple of weeks ago and used the bus system for alot of the travel around town. BUT---we couldn't get a bus map (I'm not even sure there is one you could pay for). But the signs for buses are posted quite visibly at each stop, and they tell you all the major stops for each route. The problem is finding the stop for the bus you need in order to get somewhere. We found that locals are pretty familiar with the routes.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome Bus Map

Have a look at

http://www.atac.roma.it/

Washington State
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome Bus Map

Bill,

Thanks so much for posting that. I wish I had that before I was there in February but I am sure I will be back to use it. I just went to the site and it even had a way to transform it into English.

When I was in Rome I saw that some people did have a map. I went to an Information booth at Castel Sant Angel and the woman told me that I would only be able to buy one at a magazine stand. I never did find one. Another thing to note about the clearly marked bus stops is that the ones that are blue and have an owl on them are the evening routes.

The bus system in Rome is fantastic. The tram and metro are great too!