We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

New York, New York
Level Contributor
295 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

I am going to Rome in May and would like to stay at the Hotel In Parione/ Dependence Hotel Smeraldo (I guess it's the sister Hotel Smeraldo). I am wondering if people think this hotel is safe. I hear that Rome is pretty safe overall, but I'll be a single woman traveling alone and they seem to just give you the keys to the front door at check-in perhaps implying that they do not have a doorman/front desk reception 24 hours a day. If I come back late at night, I'd like to know if it would be safe to stay there. If anyone has recommendations on a hotel with comparable rates and locations, please let me know as well. Any info would be great.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

The location is very good and safe, the hotel got mixed reviews on tripadvisor, you may want to stay at a b&b instead. There are plenty under "Rome Hotels", here on TA.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
295 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

Thank you myosotis...I read those reviews as well and it makes me a little reluctant but it's a good price and a good location. As for the b&b's, I'm a little nervous to stay in them since they don't seem as central and the prices for ones that look nicer are higher than I like to spend (for a single room that is)...if you can think of some around piazza navona/campo d'fiore or by the Spanish Steps/trevi fountain please recommend. I figure I'd want to stay central since i'd be going out at night by myself to experience Rome and want to be safe (aka not walking long distances and be in a safe neighborhood). I've looked through so many websites and can't come up with any better alternative.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

I can't personally recommend any because I'm from Rome, so fortunately I have a real home when I go back there.

However, many posters in this forum recommend Arco del Lauro, in trastevere, the location is wonderful, very central, and also plenty of options at night.

Look also at B&B Pascucci, you can find it on TA, very nice location and raving reviews. If you put in your price range you'll get a lot of info.

Otherwise post a new topic "your favorite B&B in rome" and I guess you'll get a lot of replies.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

Ciao

New York, New York
Level Contributor
295 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

Thanks myosotis. I appreciate it. I'll look into this a little more before making a decision.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

I can't vouch personally for these places, but they are moderatel priced and in the (very safe) areas you mention:

Hotel Pomezia, (find through Romeby.com) great location by Campo.

Hotel Teatro di Pompeo (hotelteatrodipompeo.it. (campo)

Hotel Portoghesi, hotelportoghesiroma.com (Navona)

Hotel Navona, hotelnavona.com (Navona)

Also, friends stayed here and liked it very much:

Canali ai Coronari B&B (Navona)-it's on a pertty antiques filled street off Navona.

by Spanish Steps/Trevi: Casa Howard, casahoward.com

SR

MO, USA
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

NYnomad, we are also staying at In Parione this coming May, so - we'll have to find out for ourselves. You might know that it's a 'sister' hotel for Hotel Smeraldo (from what I hear - it's just around the corner from it), and Hotel Smeraldo is mentioned in Rick Steves' book. When we contacted Smeraldo, it was all booked, and they suggested In Parione. The combination of price + location + timing (unfortunately, many good places are already booked for May) was the best we could come up with. Hope it'll work for all of us.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,865 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

Have you at all considered the Nicolas Inn? It's in the Forum area and is run by a lovely couple- Melissa , the woman , is American. They are always recommended for particularly looking out for their clients. Here are some of the many reviews , if you haven't seen them. I don't know your comparative price range, but they are usually around $150/night perhaps higher depending on demand:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187791-d501…

New York, New York
Level Contributor
295 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

I actually tried to get more info about the hotel from the reservation agent at Hotel In Parione, but he didn't reply. Perhaps I offended him by asking if it was safe. But since I'm traveling alone for part of my trip, safety is first.

Anways, I ended up with two reservations for the two ends of my italy trip: Residenza Argentina and B&B Cancelleria in the Piazza de Cancelleria (although I could not find much info on this b&b but it looked nice and hopefully it will be nice).

Thanks so much everyone!

9. Re: Anyone have info on Hotel In Parione?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 14:16