We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pantheon area hotels--how to drag luggage there?

MA
Level Contributor
943 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Pantheon area hotels--how to drag luggage there?

We are staying at the Albergo del Senato in April--I'm very excited. But as there are no cars allowed in the Pantheon area where this hotel is, I am wondering how we will drag our suitcases there from wherever the taxi drops us off? How do people do this? There are lots of hotels in the no-car zone.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pantheon area hotels--how to drag luggage there?

That's not entirely correct. My wife and I stayed there in Dec and we had RomeCabs pick us up at FCO. The driver was able to pull up directly in front of the hotel. There is a narrow, one-car wide lane for such purposes.

MA
Level Contributor
943 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pantheon area hotels--how to drag luggage there?

That is a great relief to hear. I had visions of myself laden with stuff and staggering down the street after an all-night flight. Thanks for the tip. Would you recommend RomeCabs or the service offered by the hotel?

knb
colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pantheon area hotels--how to drag luggage there?

Alison47 - we are staying at the Albergo del Senato in May. Would love to hear a report on this hotel when you return. We used RomeCabs last time we were in Rome, and it was wonderful to have someone waiting for you when you get off a long flight. With that said, I am sure the hotel can accommodate you just as easily. We are planning on having the hotel set up transportation for us when we leave Rome.

Enjoy!

MA
Level Contributor
943 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pantheon area hotels--how to drag luggage there?

Well, the hotel offered but everyone has raved so much about RomeCabs, I was going to get in touch with them. I also wanted to ask them about the cost of day trips or just getting around the city to places where public transportation was complicated.

United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
275 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pantheon area hotels--how to drag luggage there?

There is a taxi station to the left of the Pantheon (if you are facing it) that is quite close to the del Senato. Worst case, they can drop you off here, and it is a short walk. We stayed a couple doors down from the del Senato, and this is where RomeCabs dropped us off and picked us up when coming from/to the airport.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pantheon area hotels--how to drag luggage there?

We stayed at the del Senato in November (and looooved it....so much so that I'm returning there in April).

The others are correct in that a cab can drop you off right at the door of the hotel (and pick you up on departure). If you need to use a cab while staying at the hotel, they will be happy to summon one from the taxi stand already mentioned. Be aware, however, that this will cost a bit more as the meter starts running once the taxi leaves the stand. It's easy to just walk over there and hail the cab yourself.

7. Re: Pantheon area hotels--how to drag luggage there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 03:17