We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
371 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

I am looking at an apartment near Piazza Navona - think the name is Vacche Bis and co is sleepitaly. Any experience with them? I'm excited bu this is first time for this in Italy - need reassurance I guess!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

I know nothing about your apartment, but many folks on this Forum find the reviews of rentals on a site called SLow Travel to be very helpful- even if your particular apartment of interest isn't teer, there are many reviews of other properties represented by that agency. Here's a link to get you to the section on rental apartments in Rome:

www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/list.asp?r=Rome

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

I believe that is the same apartment that my husband and I are staying at in March.. there's another traveler that replied to a post that I made very similar to yours that is staying in this apartment in Sept.. He shared some great information with me about the area which is supposed to be great. I think there is more than on apartment in this building that is rented. What is the number?

Sleep in Italy seems to have very consistant good reviews on all forums.. and we are satisfied with their responses so far.

uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

Hello

I am booked to stay at the Vacche Apt nr Piazza Navona too in April. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. There are 2 couples travelling with 2 babies!

london
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

Friends of ours have used Sleepinitaly on a number of occasions and recommend it wholeheartedly. I'm just in the process of booking something for May - am also considering Piazza Navona.

london
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

Friends of ours have used Sleepinitaly on a number of occasions and recommend it wholeheartedly. I'm just in the process of booking something for May - am also considering Piazza Navona.

london
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

Save Reply
7. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

My Husband and I just went to Rome in Nov. and we actually used a company called rentals in rome. They were great. Our flight was delayed by three hours and they had no problem rearranging our meeting time with the person who gave us the key for the apartment. We happened to choose a small apartment near Campi de fori which is a 4 min walk to Navona, if that.

Rome is extremely small so we discovered that it really didn't matter where you stayed. Just what you needed in a location. For us, we were looking for a place that seemed close to everything since we chose not to fight the crazy traffic of rome. We had a kitchen of course, near a piazza and even had a washer. And inexpensive ( hence the small apartment, we found it appropriate considering it was our 10th anniversary , we felt the apartment was like when we started out.)

Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

Have just returned from 6 days in rome. Stayed in apartment palazzo altaviti booked through sleepin italy. Fantastic,great location able to walk everywhere.

Boston
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

Just got back from a 9 day trip to Italy. Spent 3 nights in Rome and stayed in the sleepinitaly apt in Piazza Rondanini. We were renting an apartment for the first time ever on a holiday and were apprehensive, but it turned out just perfect. Excellent location ! Just in front of Pantheon, had a supermarket nearby for groceries that was open until 11 PM. We are a family of 4 (kids 5, 8). Walked everywhere except a bus ride to the Vatican.We would come back to the apartment for breaks in between long walks. Would highly recommend the company and the apartment. Good luck....

Chicago
Level Contributor
371 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anybody used sleepinitaly for Apartment in Rome?

Thanks for all of the information and support - we have decided to go with sleepinitaly and getting very excited abuot our trip which is the end of May. You are right - Guilia has been very helpful- I practically wore them out with questions and they answered all of them including the one in which I questioned why they had been removed from slow travel. There had been a problem with having the apartment changed either at arrival or right before arrival and Guilia 's response follows;

You have to consider that this apartments are in the historical centre and they get rented everyday by different people and sometimes it can happen that something occurs to the apartment like a broken pipe or the flush of the toilet doesn't work anymore or no heating or no hot water and this normal things sometimes happen when a new guests arrives and there is no time to fix the problem and so we are forced to change the apartments, although we as the Company don't like to do that ! But we are forced ! No other choice !!!

I felt that her response was honest and to the point and I felt good that she did not hedge when I asked her about it. I travel a lot and I have been in hotels and apartments where there have been problems too. I actually think one of our more unique experineces was an aprtment in Antigua which had a spiral staircase. There was a torrential rainsotrm one morning and when we came into the apartment there awas a torrential stream pouring down the spiral staircase - imaine our surprise and the owner's ( we were checking in) - after many apologies we were moved to a wonderful new place and were treated like royalty for the rest of our stay. Things happen - I guess we just go with the flow and laugh about it or spend way too much energy being angry - life is too short - laugh and move on.Thanks again!