We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scavi Tour ID

new jersey
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Topic
Scavi Tour ID

Can anyone who has been on the Scavi Tour tell me whether we will have to produce ID before being allowed on the tour-I'd prefer not to have to take my passport with me - or will the reservation receipt be enough. Thankyou

Colosseum Motorcycle Center
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
SPB Tours Mediterranean Rome
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Exclusiveissimo
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scavi Tour ID

We went on the Scavi tour on February 8--I took my email receipt and that was all that was needed.

new jersey
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scavi Tour ID

Thankyou very much for the info

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scavi Tour ID

Yup I second, no ID.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scavi Tour ID

I requested reservations for me and teenage daughter. I didn't realize teenagers had to be 15. She looks 15. I, too, worry about ID's. Heard you're supposed to have a copy of passport with you at all times--illegal in Italy no to.

If we get reservations for the Scavi Tour--is it worth going if they may turn away my daughter?

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scavi Tour ID

They may ask you if she is 15 and then they take you at your word. I did not see anyone ask for ID and there was another german speaking group leaving at the same time as us.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scavi Tour ID

Thanks! I requested reservations a week ago. We arrive in Rome on March 8th. I started to book tours and had read so much on the forums about the Scavi Tour that I put together all the necessary info. and emailed in my request. I received confirmation they received my email, but I will be surprised, given all that I've read about the difficulty of getting reservations, if I hear back before we leave. Thanks for your info. If we get in, I'll take my chances and suffer the embarrassment if they do request the passports!

Did I hear correctly that you do have to carry your passport [or a copy] on you at all times in Italy????????????

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scavi Tour ID

I just returned from one week in Rome. I didn't carry my passport (or a copy) and was never asked for it--

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scavi Tour ID

good to know. Thanks.

9. Re: Scavi Tour ID

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 09:18