We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome hotel: Residenza Canali Vs. Fortyseven Hotel

New York
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rome hotel: Residenza Canali Vs. Fortyseven Hotel

Trying to decide between the two, both of which have gotten good reviews on Tripadvisor. Any thoughts? I'll be traveling with my 12-year-old daughter.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome hotel: Residenza Canali Vs. Fortyseven Hotel

Residenza Canali: my mum and her friends stayed here last march and they loved it. The location is excellent, really central and safe area. Great rate for a prime location. email the hotel direct to see if you can get a better deal, you can probably get a discount for cash payment at least. Great staff, Stefano will book an airport pick up taxi for you.

47 looks very nice, big leap up in price and league! It looks very 'classy', whereas Canali is probably better classed as 'cozy'!!!

I would still say Canali is in a better area.

nini

Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome hotel: Residenza Canali Vs. Fortyseven Hotel

We stayed at the Residenza Canali last summer, 5 of us. Great location and clean nice rooms and nice owners. Would definitely go back if in Rome. You can walk everywhere!

Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome hotel: Residenza Canali Vs. Fortyseven Hotel

We stayed at the 47 Hotel in Ocotober. I LOVED it! We walked every where with no problems! Very close to the collusseum and the forum. They are very helpful with restaurant recommendations and the breakfast is quite good. I was also impressed by how large the room was. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

New York
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome hotel: Residenza Canali Vs. Fortyseven Hotel

Good to know about 47 and how convenient it is.

We ended up staying at Residenza Canali last year. It's a good, clean, place, with a neighborhood feel and quite convenient. Good staff as well. But I think 47 would be more stylish.

5. Re: Rome hotel: Residenza Canali Vs. Fortyseven Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 11:19