We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any ideas for a trip for 3 people to Rome?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ilkeston, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Any ideas for a trip for 3 people to Rome?

Myself and 2 friends would like to visit Rome for a few days. We have cheap flights but we're struggling for accommodation on a budget. As there is 3 of us we would have to pay a single supplement in a hotel and we all want our own room (due to their snoring). Villas/apartments are all working out a little expensive for the time we will be spending there.

Any ideas where to try fellow travellers?

New York
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any ideas for a trip for 3 people to Rome?

It would probably be a help to know how much you'd like to spend per night, per person.

also, when are you going?

Ilkeston, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any ideas for a trip for 3 people to Rome?

We're planning to go in May for maybe 4 days and spending as little as possible on accommodation no more than £300 total.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any ideas for a trip for 3 people to Rome?

300 pounds converts to about 450 euros.

That would be about 112 euros per day.

Are you saying the three of you are limited to spending this much in total for three separate rooms, over 4 days?

That's a tough one for Rome! Frankly, I'm doubtful it can be done, especially in May. But perhaps someone here will prove me wrong.

Good luck.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any ideas for a trip for 3 people to Rome?

Did you expore some options at Venere.com? I just did, and it looks like you might be able get a room for as little as 40-45 euros a night, some of which are in places that get mostly good reviews from previous guests.

Enter your dates of stay, the number of people, and the number of rooms, and see what you get. Remember to check under the tab for B&Bs (not just hotels), as that is where many of the cheaper options are.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any ideas for a trip for 3 people to Rome?

If you book with Venere, feel free to use my discount code. It's 9TABYKD. It will save you a little.

Have fun!

Vicki

6. Re: Any ideas for a trip for 3 people to Rome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 06:25