We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castel Romano Designer Outlet

Atlanta
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Castel Romano Designer Outlet

Has anyone been to this outlet? I'd like to go. My only concern is transportation. I've been told that you can catch a bus for take a cab from the Laurentina Metro stop. Since buses don't run on a set schedule, I'd be more comfortable with the taxi. Anyone know how much it would cost?

Alnax Limousines Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Pal.Mar
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
CB Tour Roma
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Private Tours
Rome Airport Transportation
Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

I think green lines and a few others offer half day trips to the outlet and back.

bucharest
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

I also want to go, I send an email to their contact information and I received the following answer. I hope to be usefull for you

"you can take the free shuttle bus to Castel Romano

Outlet from Piazza della Repubblica.

Tuesday: Departure from P.zza della Repubblica at 3.00 pm to Castel

Romano

Departure from Castel Romano at 7.00 pm to Piazza della Repubblica

Saturday: First departure from P.zza della Repubblica at 9.30 am

Second departure from P.zza della Repubblica at 3.00 p.m.

First departure back from the Outlet at 1.00 p.m.

Second departure back from the Outlet at 6.00 p.m."

Mentioned in this post
Piazza della Repubblica
Piazza della Repubblica
846 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Repubblica Hotel
Repubblica Hotel
439 Reviews
Rome, Italy
female, uk
Level Contributor
84 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

Thank you for this interesting information - do you know exactly where at the piazza della republica the bus is found as it is a big piazza!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

What are the prices like at the outlet?

los angeles
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

Just got back from Italy yesterday. Went to the Castel Romano outlets. First of all, the free shuttle does not operate anymore. We inquired about it since we saw it posted on this site. The hotels can arrange for roundtrip transportation for 23 euros/per person but only at specific times...you have to leave between 12:30 and 1pm. Since we arrived in Rome later in the day, we missed out on that. There are no buses or metros that go to the outlets. Taxis cost a whopping 50 euros each way! We went out there but the shopping was not really worth it. The best stores were la perla (bras for ~24 euros and panties for 10euros--they were really cute!) and zegna. The taxicab drivers tell you that there are no taxis out there and they will wait and take you back--our guy tried to get 100euros from us for just the return trip!--but we passed. The info office will actually call a cab for you on the way back. We lucked out and shared a cab with another party and split the fare--it costs 30 euros to the nearest metro station from the outlets (which we opted to do...metro tix costs 1 euro per person...the nearest metro station was still pretty far) and then found our way back from there. the cost of the transportation for us didn't justify the means, but now i won't be wondering if i passed anything up. in summary, it costs a lot to go out there. go if you like la perla and zegna. the la perla store had lots of cute panty/bra sets and pajamas that were significantly reduced. the other stores seemed to have meager selections. find someone who's also going out that way and share a cab!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

Many of us reply to the outlet question. As the poster replied who had been there it is not worth it. Outlets are almost always last year's styles or things the shops in the city cannot sell. With no transportation and a 50 euros taxi ride they would have to be giving Gucci away at greatly discounted prices!

I would just take a look around Rome. Often the shops do have sales..the sign will be posted in the window.

The outlets have no hidden gems.....

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
kendal
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

We had a similar experience,no public transport and tried to get taxi from the nearet tube station Laurentina but were still quoted 50 euros each way , decided against it... it can not be worth that much money?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

I personally don't mind dressing last years fashion and have always bought well at the outlet especially from Diesel and calvin klein for underwear. If you have a hire car then i'd go, but in a taxi no way, especially if you get stuck in a jam along the Pontina, you could be there for ever and it would cost you an arm and two legs.

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

I agree. To each his own but I would not go all that way for underwear. If you can hit an outlet on a good day then it might be worth the trip. But as the saying goes outlets are very hit or miss.

You do better trying to hit the sales in the regular retail shops.

10. Re: Castel Romano Designer Outlet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 23:18