We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need some directions from Termini to Hotel Santa Maria

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
need some directions from Termini to Hotel Santa Maria

I need some help with directions from Termini to my hotel in Tastavere. the hotel gave me very general directions.

Hotel Santa Maria on Del Piede.

they told me to take the bus H, 5 stops, get off and walk 400 meters to Del Piede.

Can anyone help me better direction. there will be 6 of us with luggage!

Or suggest a site I can go to for a map?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need some directions from Termini to Hotel Santa Maria

go to atac.roma.it which is the transportation official site. they have english version. You can put in your start and destination addresses and they will give you ways to get there and they have a map.

With six people and luggage you'd do well to hire a car service (or split into two cabs)--cost effective and convenient, rather than dragging luggage through the narrow streets of trastevere. A taxi should run you about 10-12 euro plus a little extra for bags, depending on time of day or night.

Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need some directions from Termini to Hotel Santa Maria

Hello, I have just come back from Rome this weekend, so I know exactly where your hotel is, as we went to trastevere for lunch on Sunday, and our Hotel was nearish the Termini, so I know the distance. Absolutely forget buses, the only way to get there would be a taxi on arrival at termini. Don't worry about it any more. It will be so cost effective as there are 6 of you including all the luggage and you have been travelling for hours. no doubt, in fact you will be far better off just having a taxi from the airport. Contact your hotel and ask their prices to arrange it, failing that just get one on arival. Have a lovely time. Look at my review for the Hotel Raffaello, you may appreciate reading it. You were lucky to get into your hotel, lovely isn't it, I tried but they could not do our dates, but we were more than pleased with our final choice.

S.

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need some directions from Termini to Hotel Santa Maria

thanks for the suggestions!

Can anyone give us a name of a car service with decent rates?

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need some directions from Termini to Hotel Santa Maria

One other thought (and I could be wrong) but I swear it seems like we were cautioned pretty heavily about the "H" bus ... to be on the lookout for pickpockets. It sounds like you've decided to consider cab or car.... just wanted to "vote yes" and tell you I encourage you to do that, too.

We stayed at Hotel Santa Maria just last month... a month ago today, in fact. We loved it. We did go back to termini via the pickpocket bus when we left Rome and after several days of wandering around we were comfortable with doing it. But to go that route upon arrival could have been tough and frustrating.

As to car service, check the rates Hotel Santa Maria will quote you. I say that simply because the streets of Trastevere are so tiny/narrow/winding that you really need to know where you're going to get in there quickly. It may be a few dollars more but we took their transporation from the airport and I must tell you, it was so nice to be in a car with a driver who drove all the way through the gates straight to the front door.

I'm a big believer that the beginning can set the tone for everything that is yet to come. (Sometimes everything seems to fall into place and sometimes everything seems to fall apart... you know how it goes.) Anyways... we opted to spend a few extra dollars for the proven car and driver and no worries or headaches... a smooth start to what turned out to be a lovely time in Rome.

We LOVED Trastevere.... bet you will, too. Enjoy!

knb
colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need some directions from Termini to Hotel Santa Maria

travelingquilter - look for my post about Deruta pottery under you Scavi tour question.