We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary and Restaurant Help Please

Manchester
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary and Restaurant Help Please

I think I'm finally sorted for our rough itinerary so if you could give me any tips or pointers or let me know if I've missed something obvious that would be great.

The only bit I've not researched so far is where we eat (other than our breakfast at the hotel). So if you have any recommendations based on the areas in which we'll be, or you have a favourite place that you would definitely return to, then please could you let me know the name of it.

We're not foodies particularly, and are happy with pizza, pasta and ice cream but would love to find somewhere with really decent pizza and ice-cream.

Day 1 - arrive at hotel near Termini at about 1pm - so the afternoon is just going to be walking and looking and maybe going in to some places that look interesting. I'm thinking we'll probably walk to the Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps and Pantheon. Not got any particular area in mind for our evening meal but we'd rather have something early on as we've got an early start the next day.

Day 2 - we're on the Pristine Sistine tour which is at 7.30am so it's going to be an early start to get to the other side of the city. Tour takes about 3 1/2 - 4 hours and includes the Vatican Museum and St Peter's so we'll need to find somewhere round there for lunch or a sandwich. After lunch we'll see what the queues are like for climbing the dome and if they're not too bad then we're doing that. So we'll need to find something for our evening meal. Possibly up near the hotel so we can go back and get changed first.

Day 3 - We're doing the Colosseum. Booked onto the Third Tier and Underground tour at 9.40am. So I'm expecting we'll be out of there around lunch time. Not got any plans for the afternoon particularly and we're doing a food walking tour starting in Campo de Fiori at 5.30pm so should be ok for food that evening.

Day 4 - We're going to do The Forum and Palatine Hill. At the moment that's all I've got planned for the day. We'll wait and see when we're there if there's anything that we've not got round to seeing yet or we might want to spend the whole day there. Somewhere nice for our evening meal would be good as it's our last night.

Day 5 - have breakfast and go home.

I would like to slip the Capuchin crypts in there somewhere and I've got a list of churches that I would like to stick my head in if we're nearby but I'm not planning them in properly.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Mentioned in this post
Trevi Fountain
Trevi Fountain
82,721 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Spanish Steps
Spanish Steps
19,114 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Pantheon
Pantheon
65,714 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Vatican
Vatican
255 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Colosseum
Colosseum
123,772 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Campo de' Fiori
Campo de' Fiori
3,083 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Palatine Hill
Palatine Hill
20,316 Reviews
Rome, Italy
2 replies to this topic
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
6,484 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary and Restaurant Help Please

Looks like a good itinerary.

Since you are near Termini, check out the food court in the train station -- I particularly recommend the Trapizzini -- really delicious as well as cheap, about 3.5 euros each. Two of them and a beer make a great meal! https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Near the Trevi is the excellent Colline Emiliane (reservations recommended) -- https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Near the Spanish Steps, good little place for cured meats and cheese, Pane e Salame - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Sandwich place near the Vatican - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Hope this helps for a start!

Mentioned in this post
Colline Emiliane
Colline Emiliane
1,501 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Pane e Salame
Pane e Salame
5,929 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Vatican
Vatican
255 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Manchester
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary and Restaurant Help Please

Thank you so much! Will have a look and put them on my list.

Reply to: Itinerary and Restaurant Help Please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted