We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child in room with parents--95 euro extra per day?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TVJ
Lynn Haven
Level Contributor
51 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Child in room with parents--95 euro extra per day?

We are leaving Sat. for our trip. I was reviewing our confirmations and "noticed" there is a 95 euro surcharge for our twelve year old in the room with us on a rollaway. I understand paying for the rollaway but for the surcharge for which he does not even get breakfast which is included in our room rate. Is this standard practice? Those of you that have traveled with children--what arrangments did you have? There does not to seem to be the option of two queens or fulls which is what we usually do.

TVJ

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child in room with parents--95 euro extra per day?

Where are you staying? We stayed at the Hotel Mozart and there was no extra charge plus we got a family discount.

Queensland
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child in room with parents--95 euro extra per day?

Hi we booked in to the Lancelot and a triple room with terrace was only 190Euro per night. Maybe they made a mistake and the surcharge should be 95 Euro in total. I know when I booked they made a typing error and instead of 10Euro extra per night for the terrace the confirmation said 210Euro per night extra but they quickly rectified this error. I would contact them and you may get a pleasant surprise! Fingers crossed.

TVJ
Lynn Haven
Level Contributor
51 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child in room with parents--95 euro extra per day?

We are staying at the de Russie---but before you say that I should not be complainitng then, we are on a Luxury Link Package that gives us three nights in a deluxe, breakfast, dinner one night at the hotel, and airport transfer. With the package it comes to $1200 dollars or what about 950 euro for ALL of the above. On their web site it states the supplement so they are not just charging us because of our LL package--I was just so shocked. Often when we buy a LL package the hotels do not charge us anything for our son. And as you can imagine, I was thinking with my US brain where there is seldome a charge for children 12 and under.

4. Re: Child in room with parents--95 euro extra per day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 11:21