We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden house of Nero

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Golden house of Nero

Hi

I have not seen anyone mentioning the golden house.

Can anyone give me their experiences?

I think I will visit after our tour of the Colosseum.

Thanks

Gaz

5 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden house of Nero

You need to pre-book this - it is the Domus Aurea and it can only be visited on a tour and those tours are only offered on weekends and from what I have read (but you will need to confirm via the coopculture website) is that none are showing up as available for the coming months

I did this back in the Spring and booked about 6 or 8 weeks in advance (can't recall exactly) -

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,863 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden house of Nero

It could be they are only booking a month at a time, but I'm not sure. There are tours available through the end of this month with lots of availability. Check towards the end of the month to see if they open up any tours for January.

Donna

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
575 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden house of Nero

I tried to book a ticket through Tickitaly.com. I successfully got my Borghese Gallery ticket there. On the Domus Aurea I received an email from them saying "We have confirmed only Borghese because Domus Aurea bookings are suspended at the moment. We hope that the Authorities in Rome will inform us soon about the Domus Aurea bookings. Regarding DomusAurea we will send some news later this month , in the meanwhile we will hold the booking."

Rightly or wrongly, I took this at face value.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden house of Nero

I bought mine at the official website (coopculture) - www.coopculture.it/en/heritage.cfm?id=51 (this is the website to buy them)

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden house of Nero

We took this tour this past October...after we took the Underground Colosseum tour. I thought it was interesting, but enjoyed the Domus Romane tour much more.

Reply to: Golden house of Nero
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted