We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome With Kids - Nini74

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rome With Kids - Nini74

To Nini 74 and Emmabro,

Regarding sales in England of Rome With Kids: an insider's guide--the publisher tells me any bookstore will be able to order it for you soon. I guess, since it's not officially on the market until July 1, the ISBN number may not be fully in the system yet.

You can always order the book from Romewithkids.com website directly, which is shipping all orders now or,

You can buy the book in Rome; It is currently available in these two major English-language bookstores:

1) The Lion Bookshop, Via dei Greci, No. 33/36, (by the Spanish Steps).

2) The Almost Corner Bookstore, Via del Moro, No. 46 (by the Ponte Sisto).

I also know Barnesandnoble.com are taking orders now, but don't intend to ship until mid-April. After June it will be easier to find in the system. (I hope!)

I really appreciate that you made an effort to find the guide. If you do happen to order from the Romewithkids web site, please mention your tripadvisor name in the notes section.

Ciao amici

JM

Mentioned in this post
Spanish Steps
Spanish Steps
18,363 Reviews
Rome, Italy
en route
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome With Kids - Nini74

Soloroma,

Can you say what ages of kids your book is for?

thanks very much

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome With Kids - Nini74

Sorry to take so long to respond. The book tells you where to take toddlers to the park, for example, and where you should eat/stay/find bathrooms at sights with kids of all ages. But really kids 5 can understand games, stories, can walk around better, and want to play their way through Rome. Teens, can appreciate all of the activities, place and stories. Hope that makes sense.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
170 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome With Kids - Nini74

Hi,

I picked up the only copy of Rome with Kids in the Lion Bookshop on Sunday evening last because I have long appreciated the advice given by SoloRoma on this site I was in Rome for a few days with a 12-year old and this book added enormously to the visit., particularly our time in Galleria Borghese and St. Peter's. These are not necessarily places I would expect a 12-year old boy to enjoy but the book made them great fun. I should also add that, even though it was not my first time around St. Peter's, I also saw things differently and noticed things I had passed by before. The general advice is spot on too.

Glasgow, Scotland
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome With Kids - Nini74

SoloRoma,

Many thanks for your book.

I ordered it online (from Glasgow, Scotland) and it arrived very quickly. My husband and I are so excited about our visit in July and we think the games and ideas in this book will be brilliant to keep our almost 4 & 8 year old kids amused without them really even realising it!

Some grateful parents!

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
en route
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome With Kids - Nini74

We're going with our teens in June and the book is really getting everyone excited. I've never seen a guide like it. Kids are looking forward to finding the giant foot, the ancient lie detector etc. My brother and his wife are going after us and bringing the book -- and they don't have kids. Will there be one on Florence? Venice?

Many thanks OSD

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome With Kids - Nini74

This makes me very pleased. Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. Rome with kids is a blast; go, have a great time and don't forget to drop me a line about what your family liked, loved, and hated in the Eternal City.

OhSoDolce - Another one?!? ....well, you never know.

Buon Viaggo!

7. Re: Rome With Kids - Nini74

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 12:24