We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scavi Tour exit

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Scavi Tour exit

My husband and I have a Scavi Tour scheduled for June 12 at 0930. I know the tour is about 1.5 hours. When the tour is finished where do we exit, and what is the quickest way to get into the vatican museum, and Saint Peter's. Thanks for all the advice!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Scavi Tour exit

When looking at St. Peters, you exit to the left of the stairs. You can walk right up the stairs and into the Basilica. As for the museums, they are about a 15 minute walk away from where you will exit the Scavi Tour. My suggestion is to ask the Swiss guard how to get to the museums. It is easy to get to, but slightly hard to explain without pointing and hand gesturing.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scavi Tour exit

You exit the same way you entered. There didn't seem to be any other way.

My reservation was for 9:15 and when I exited the line for the basilica was all the way to the end of the colonnade.

I went round to the Vatican museums ; I encountered no line at the museums at all!!

You can go to the basilica through the Sistine Chapel, which is your last stop in the museums anyway: with your back to the door you entered go to the door at the end of the room on your right, down the stairs straight in front of you all the way to the bottom, you will see a 'guard' in a cabin turn left at him--not before-- and you will be outside at the side of the basilica; from there it's really easy, just go round the side to your right and in through the main entrance--no need to line up.

The basilica is open till 7pm so it's better to end the day there.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scavi Tour exit

Oh dear/ The SIstine Chapel is not the end of the Museum -- just the MIDDLE -- if you leave at the Sistine Chapel, you will miss many many WONDEROUS things.

4. Re: Scavi Tour exit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 05:26