We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

I am planning to do the 110 open hop on hop off bus tour while in Rome. Does anybody know if you have to go to the main train station to get tickets or can you get them at any of the stops? What if you pre-purchase tickets on-line, do you still have to start at the main train station? The web site seems to say you have to go to the main station to get them.

www.trambusopen.com is the web site.

Thanks,

Dan

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,151 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

Yes. The buses depart on the hour and half hour from in front of the Termini train station. You need to buy the ticket at platform D in front of the train station. You'll see a re-topped kiosk where the buses park.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

Thanks! I have not booked my hotel yet and this was going to be a determining factor. If I have to book my ticket at the main station, I might as well stay by the train station.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,151 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

The main station is not the best place to stay. Just because you're buying a ticket there is not a reason to stay there. Stay in ancient, historic Rome. When the day trippers leave, Rome is yours!

MA
Level Contributor
943 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

Why do they call it hop on/hop off if you can't hop on except at Termini?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

You can hop on/hop off at 11 stops from everything from the Vatican to the Colosseum, but you must start where you get the ticket.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
214 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

Is this where you read about watching out for gypsies and pickpockets?

Thanks, Veggie

God's 1/2 acre
Level Contributor
849 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

If you put 110 into the question box at the top of the forum, there are dozens of threads discussing the 110 bus.

It is my understanding you can buy ticket vochers ahead on line and present the voucher to the driver at any of the stops (provided there are enough seats at the time you want to get on).

I also understand you can board at any stop and pay for a ticket when you board (provided there are enough seats at the time you want to get on).

Regards

Martha

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,517 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

We paid on the bus at termini.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

That makes sense being able to show your voucher at any stop. But, when you purchase on-line it asks you buy for a certain time frame.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour in Rome

I am still trying to determine where to stay. I have friends staying in the Vatican area and friends staying near the main train terminal. We are flying over together but are booking our own hotels.