We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April 25th...Liberation Day

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
April 25th...Liberation Day

Hi there,

I am spending 2 days in Rome on April 24 and 25. The 25 is my Full Day in Rome (I know...not nearly enough time!...but I will be returning prior to my departure home 2 weeks later). I am wondering what to expect for closures that day with it being Liberation Day. We have a vatican tour booked through Angel tours for noon, and planned to visit some of the churches and the Pantheon in the morning. Should this be a problem?

Much thanks,

Jason

Rome
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April 25th...Liberation Day

HI, I do not think so. Liberation Day is a civil holiday, meaning churches and the rest are all open just like on any other day of the week. The Pantheon is a church, by the way. As for the vatican, ditto.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April 25th...Liberation Day

Thanks alot. I do realize the pantheon is a church, just thought I'd refer to it by name since I don't know the proper name of the others haha! So I guess a civic holiday would be similar to here in Canada, with banks and government workers off?

J

3. Re: April 25th...Liberation Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 02:17