We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

Spending 2 nights May- Tueday and Wednesday - could anyone recommend a nice restaurant for party of 3 females? We'd love a view....First Timers...dream come true!!!

Nice food..Nice wine...a feel of the city.....

Thanks

Fionnuala

los angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

If you have tons of money you should make a reservation and go to the rooftop restuarant at the Hotel Hassler (I believe it is called Imago). hotelhasslerroma.com/uk-dining-rooftop.htm

A modest lunch alternative would be the Terrazzo Caffeteria on the roof of the Palazzo dei Conservatori of the Capitoline Museums. A local friend directed us there and we thought it was lovely. The food is adequate by Rome standards, but a cold bottle of Prosecco washes away any bother about that. It's beautiful. I'll be going back on my next trip to Rome in June.

Ireland
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

Thanks Stickfigure for the great advice......

How expensive is "expensive" for the Hassler as we would like to have one special meal while in Rome.

Also do you need to book in advance for the second option ( I presume you would have to for the first)

Thanks so much!

Fionnuala

MA
Level Contributor
943 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

The terrace with spectacular view at the Capitoline Museums is an undiscovered secret in Rome. We went there for lunch--no reservation. You can eat in or out--who'd want to eat in? Sometimes there are private functions on the terrace tho. Cheap and good. I was just there a week ago.

And don't forget to visit the wonderful museums, full of ancient Roman treasures! The underground passage between the two buildings has another terrace (no food) with magnificent views of the Roman Forum.

MA
Level Contributor
943 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

Someone emailed me privately about this so am replying here. We had lunch and it was lunch, not a gourmet dinner. Typical Italian fare and we paid about 6 euros each, spectacular view free!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
567 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

I second the comment about the Capitoline museums restaurant for lunch. Not expensive, nice view.

We also had two dinners with views, both were in the same area as the Hassler, one at Ristorante Mirabelle on the 7th floor rooftop of Hotel Splendide Royale and the other at La Terrazza on the rooftop of Hotel Eden. I describe the meals in my trip report which I posted yesterday. The dinner at Mirabelle was about €250, not including wine, for 3 of us ordering 4 courses each. Expensive but I did not think outrageous, especially compared to some restaurants we've dined at in London and New York. La Terrazza was more expensive.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

Of course if you're made of money (or just really want a true splurge) there's the incredible Pergola at the Rome Hilton Cavalieri, just on the outskirts of downtown, on one of the hills over looking the whole of Rome.

Fine fine fine dining in elegant surroundings with views to die for over the entire city - from Vatican to your right all the way across to Colosseum and beyond to your left. I'll never forget the beautiful, sparkling views from the balcony here at nighttime - breathtaking. But pricey, of course.

If they serve lunch the views would be just as fantastic but the bill would likely be smaller. I highly recommend this method for any high priced restaurant - lunch instead of dinner.

Good luck! LL

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

this isnt related to ur query.

i'm also a first time traveller to italy. travelling all alone - an indian. looking to make some friends with whom can have more fun while looking after the magnificient rome & italy.

If interested let me know. My email is - danishthegreat@hotmail.com

8. Re: A nice Restaurant with panoramic views of Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 06:21