We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting apartment in trastevere area...

montreal
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
renting apartment in trastevere area...

I am interested in renting an apartment with rentalinrome this summer and I have made up my mind for a place in trastevere...I heard that the atmosphere is great in this neighbourhood with lots of restos, ice cream places and pizzerias. I'd like to know how safe it is to walk at night and how is transport from here to the rest of the city (is it easy to travel to the main sites by foot and by bus)...the place i was looking at is close to via garibaldi so if anyone has been around I'd be really happy to hear from them

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting apartment in trastevere area...

Trastevere is larger than most people think, so be sure you know where in the zone you'll be staying. Just across the bridges, you'll find a lot of restaurants, shops, churches and more touristed areas. This is safe and colorful, but a little out of the way. As you fan out, away from the river, you'll be going uphill, until you reach its top around the Gianicolo. Where on Via Garibaldi will be helpful to know since the street goes steeply uphill from its end near Ponte Sisto, then serpentines up and around. It is a big street, so more traffic than the little, charming streets surrounding it. It's topmost part runs straight again, right up to the Aqua Paula, but is still a larger, busy street by Roman standards. The surrounding areas at the top are largely residential and pretty with lots of parks; about a 30 min walk from the top of Via Garibaldi to the Ponte Sisto can be expected for the average person (little longer uphill).

Mentioned in this post
Trastevere
Trastevere
12,512 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Hotel Ponte Sisto
Hotel Ponte Sisto
1,648 Reviews
Rome, Italy
montreal
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting apartment in trastevere area...

sorry..to be more precise the place is in Via del Mattonato

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting apartment in trastevere area...

Yes. That's a nice spot. Nearby Piazza d. Scala is lovely.

Mentioned in this post
La Scala
La Scala
682 Reviews
Rome, Italy
montreal
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: renting apartment in trastevere area...

would you say that it is relatively easy to get around to the other side of the river by bus and walking from here? btw thank you for your previous post... I really appreciate you taking your time

5. Re: renting apartment in trastevere area...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 20:16