We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borghese Gallery reservations

Graham, NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Borghese Gallery reservations

I just tried to book my reservations for the Borghese Gallery and when I hit the submit button nothing happened. So I hit it again and nothing happened, then I hit it again....

I don't know if any of them went through. Does anyone know if I will receive a confirmation e-mail?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Morgantown, WV
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

Yes, you will receive an email comfirmation, say with 24 hours.

Morgantown, WV
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

within 24 hours is what I meant to say.

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

Where did you make the reservations through? Is there an extra booking fee besides the admission charge?

Graham, NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

kcowley - For the Borghese Gallery you MUST make reservations, they are mandatory to see that sight. I went to www.ticketeria.it.

I would suggest you purchase a guide book at least a few months before you go. They give all sorts of hints about which sites you need reservations for and which you don't.

Good luck!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

AmyH - it took me three days before they sent my actual confirmation, but after I signed up (on the same website you used) I immediately got an email saying that they had received my request and were processing it.

kcowley - they don't charge you when you make the reservation. once you have your confirmation you just go to the gallery with your confirmation info at least 30 mins before your time slot and you buy them at that time.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
558 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

I tried the same site a week ago, hit the submit button and got nothing. I haven't got a reply yet. I guess I need to try it again- or is there a more reliable site?

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

We'll be going from the Colloseum area to the Borghese Gallery for 5 p.m. reservations. What's the quickest way to get there? I'm assuming we'll encounter rush-hour commuters either by metro or bus. What's the latest we can show up to claim our reserved tickets. The website says l/2 hour but that seems kind of early. Any good restaurants in the vicinity after we're done?

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

Give yourself the full 30minutes before your entry time. You will need to claim your tickets, rent an audioguide (highly recommended!) and check any bags you have with you and there is usually a line. You only have 2 hours in the museum and you will want every minute available to you!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
52 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

Just want to say that the Borghese Gallery was truly the best experience we had in Rome. The signage is not good on the way to Gallery, so please give yourself plenty of time to find it if you are going via subway. It cannot be missed......I only wish I could take pics, but will have to rely on my faulty memory.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Borghese Gallery reservations

I wanted to let everyone know that I used the ticketeria website about a month ago to submit my reservation request for 4 tickets. I immediately got the instant reply email stating what I had requested and that I did NOT have a confirmed reservation until I received an email containing my reservation code. I waited about a week with no reservation code email so I replied the email address and asked if they needed more information...got the same form letter email back again. Finally last night I just re-submitted my request from scratch. In less than 8 hours I received both my instant email response AND another email with my reservation code. So if in doubt - just keep on trying.