We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel advice rome airport please

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Travel advice rome airport please

First timer in rome with my wife and son, and I have an offer off a limoservice they have a decent web site not sure if I can post it on here, however my question is I am a bit nervous reading the taxi posts on here and this service offers me return for 99 Euro, I think its a good deal but want to make sure its not a scam as they require an upfront credit card payment. regards

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,195 Reviews
from US$78.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
534 Reviews
from US$413.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,880 Reviews
from US$123.90*
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,706 Reviews
from US$59.70*
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel advice rome airport please

We just returned from Rome. We used Romashuttle. From FCO to Trevi Fountain area hotel, we paid 47 euros. The return trip was 37 euros. They were very prompt and we used them again for a private trip to pompei and positano.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel advice rome airport please

99 euro one way between fco and rome is exhorbitant, even with a private van.

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel advice rome airport please

I agree, 99 euros for 3 people is extremly high. Ask your hotel make arrangements for you or do a search on this forum for other limo/taxi companies.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel advice rome airport please

try www.romelimousine.com

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel advice rome airport please

or even better one is www.romeshuttlelimousine.com.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel advice rome airport please

You could always get the train from the airport to Termini station. We fouind that quick and easy.

7. Re: Travel advice rome airport please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2005, 12:01
Level Contributor
508 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel advice rome airport please

I am guessing that you will be arriving at Ciampino rather than

Fumicino. If you are using one of the low cost airlines you certainly will. many of the flights arrive near midnight.

If this is the case you may be reassured about the price you have been quoted. I recently paid 49 euros each way. Even though it is nearer to central Rome transfers to/from Ciampino are more expensive...... could be the trafic, not sure.

One thing for certain is I would not pay in advance. I paid the driver in cash at the end of each journey even though the transfer was arranged by my hotel.

There are 3 or 4 companies regulary mentioned on this board that do not require payment in advance.

I would do a bit more research if i was you.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor