We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trastevere!please help,im planning romantic trip;)

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
4 posts
Save Topic
trastevere!please help,im planning romantic trip;)

-does anybody know RIPA HOTEL?

im gonna stay there next week from sat-mon.

dont know the area very much...

- looking for romantic restaurant in trastevere;)and some place to have bottle of wine and listen to jazz.

-are the shops and restaurants mostly closed on Sunday?

thank u so much...:)for any ideas

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trastevere!please help,im planning romantic trip;)

Big Mama's on Via S. Francesco a Ripa has blues and jazz in Trastevere, Alexanderplaz has Jazz (not in trastevere). You can pick up a Roma Ce guide of the weeks listings to find out whats around and who's playing when you're in town. Get one from any newstand. There is an english section in the back if you need, but you should be fine. Also, whatsoninrome.com has listings.

Rome
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trastevere!please help,im planning romantic trip;)

A lot of shops are open on Sunday, at least in the shopping areas. Don't worry about not finding a restaurant, a lot of romans go out for dinner on Sunday night, and if you are staying in Trastevere (I think Ripa is there), you can stroll around for a while and look for a nice place.

london
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trastevere!please help,im planning romantic trip;)

thank you!:)will check it out!xxx

Fuorigrotta...
Level Contributor
289 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trastevere!please help,im planning romantic trip;)

This hotel is well into Trastevere - a fair walk from the cutesy old (and touristy) Trastevere - but it is 2 minutes from the tram and bus stops on the main drag, which will take you up to near the river (where old Trastevere lies) and across the river into the centre in 5-10mins. (the terminus for the tram is Largo Argentina-midway between the Forum/Piazza Venezia and Piazza Navona-either of these are 5 minute walks away from the terminus). From the outside it looks like an appartment block but inside it is all modern and designer. I'm sure it'll be fine but if there's any chance you could change i would favour the lovely hotel san francesco also in trastevere...less far to walk and lovely roof terrace. (and considerably pricier too no doubt). Maybe you could go and have a drink on their terrace one evening? (www.hotelsanfrancesco.net) For a romantic walk i recommend climbing up to the gianicolo - lovely restaurants on way up there...eg antica pesa (via garibaldi 18);

for a winebar i wld recommend enoteca ferrara at piazza trilussa; da paris on piazza san calisto (outside terrace-round the corner from santa maria di trastevere); la ripa 12 is very near you (fish) on via di san francesco ripa 12; sicilia al tappa (sicilian-wine and snacks-very funky and sunny inside)- also via garibaldi 68 road up to gianicolo;

have fun!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: trastevere!please help,im planning romantic trip;)

MozaarellaGirl, I am so happy to hear you say nice things about Hotel San Francesco as I am staying there in June. I booked it not having much more than a gut feeling and thinking it was in an interesting area -- plus the photos of it looked very nice. Anyway, I am pleased you like it as you seem to know the city so well. Any place nearby that I should eat or shop? Thanks!