We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final Itinerary Woo Hoo!

New York
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Topic
Final Itinerary Woo Hoo!

After months of planning, our Italy trip is just a week away! We will be in Rome for three days and then headed down to Capri, Sorrento and Positano.

Here is what I came up for Rome. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Special thanks to SolaRoma and Mystosis for their help over the months! It's all coming together :)

DAY 1: FRIDAY

Arrive at FCO (from JFK) at 11:00am Stefano from Roma Cabs will be awaiting us (hopefully, lol). Head to Hotel Santa Maria in Trastevere.

Lunch at Da Augusto (I am praying they are open in August)

Vatican self-guided tour

Dessert from Antonini

Cab to Piazza Poppolo, Drink at Rosati

Stairs to Pincio Belvedere for view, then walk downhill to Piazza di Spagna- Villa Medici- Ciampini Café for a bellini

Walk to Trevi via Via Propaganda Fide- San Crispino for gelato

Cab to hotel

Dinner reservation at Sabatini

DAY TWO SATURDAY

Morning- Campo Fiori market--slice of bianca from Forno-coffee from Piazza Farnesse

Coliseum/Forum self-tour

Lunch at Trattoria Monti

Siesta

Pantheon (Tazza d’Oro for granita)-Shopping in Piazza Navona area

(if anyone has any specific shopping recs for a 20something NYC fashionista please let me know!)

Dinner at Da Baffeto

Gelato from Bucciantis or Giustiniani

Nightlife somewhere--preferably a dancing club

DAY THREE SUNDAY

Porta Portese Flea Market

Shopping at any Sunday places that may be open

Lunch at Cul de Sac

5:00 Borghese Reservation

Dinner at ??? not sure what's open Sunday...not really interested in Gusto and have heard mixed things about Dal Bolegnese.

That's about it! We don't have much time but I feel like we will be able to see a lot before heading down to the Amalfi Coast.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Final Itinerary Woo Hoo!

Fabulous.

You'll find plenty of shopping along Governo Vecchio (Navona) and Giubonari (Campo) for ecclectic range.

Have a great time!

2. Re: Final Itinerary Woo Hoo!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 19:19