We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ciao a tutti! We are back!

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ciao a tutti! We are back!

We had a wonderful roman holiday! Yes there was a lot of dirt, especially outside the historic centre, yes there were graffiti (even on the metro tains!), but Rome was amazing, especially at night, so much history around. We did a lot of walking (10 hours a day), it was HOT so bring sunscreen and definately a good pair of walking shoes. Don't worry what to wear, there is no way you won't look like a tourist. Italians wear black LONG pants and shirts even if its 40 C, walk on high heels on coblestones and they are sooo tanned they look kile they have been to the beach for 3 months all day long. Don't worry about the language - we were always greated in italian in shops and trattorias, because of our looks and colour hair (Greeks- Italians - Spanish people can be cofused often), but when I had trouble explaininh myself in italian the talked english. Learn the basics and you will do fine. Please book a vatican tour - the line at 10 was 15 km long and we got in... 2 minutes! The best money we spent. Worst: the hop-on hop off, not becuase of the tour, but ecause it was SOOO hot on the first day we arrived and we were sooo tirred that we just did the full round trip and went back to the hotel. It was but timing. Do it after 5 in the afternoon or really early in the morning. We did so much in 8 1/2 days - but we didn't of course manage to do all we had planned - that was no problem, as we will definately have to go back some day! I will post a report soon! Just need time to rethink about everything!

TopBike Rental & Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, City Tours, Bike Tours
City Wonders
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, City Tours
Stefano's RomeCabs
Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

Happy to hear from you heleni! Kalimera & Hugs Daniela

PS Don't let us wait too much for your trip report, I am so curious!

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

Ciao bella! How was your holiday? I hope I will write this report tomorrow. Please explain why being SO tanned is in fashion in Rome - it is definately bad for skin's healt, as my dermatologist say, ha ha!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

Having not been to the seaside yet (I am a mozzarella fashion supporter) I am the wrong person to ask in this moment! I will be more informed when I will be back from Sardinia :-))

Ciao Daniela

watchya
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

Just heading off on Monday

How did you book the Vatican tour?

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

Daniella, buona vacanza!

Hi watchya. Our hotel sent a fax to the Vatican - they responded a week after, and they confirmed a tour on the 24th of July - a month before the requested date. I am not sure if you have time to do it. Maybe you should aske your hotel? Here is the link to their website with all the info you need.

…vatican.va/3_EN/…MV_Info_Servizi_Visite.html

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

I can't believe you are back already!! It doesn't seem any time since you were posting lots of questions. Looking forward to your report

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

What did your hotel charge for arranging the Vatican tour?

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

They didn't charge anything. They send the fax to the Vatican on behalf of us. You can do it yourself, but if you don't have much time before you go, on your fax sheet include your hotel details also, they might send the reply to your hotel instead.

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

Eleni, so glad to see that you made it there and back safely. I will be watching for your trip report ! I agree that it doesn't seem possible for you to already be back ! Hope all went well !!

And caio to mozarella Daniela !!!

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ciao a tutti! We are back!

Hi Witty - I don't believe we are back... wish I were at piazza Navona enjoying the atmosphere instead of sitting in from of my desktop... I have been browsing our photos all afternoon. We bought a beautiful florentin paper photo album that holds up to 200 photos- know I have to choose out of the 650 we took! Tough decision...!