We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multiculturalism in Rome

Watford, UK
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Multiculturalism in Rome

How multicultural is 21st century Rome and Italy in general?

Which different ethnic groups are now found in the country?

I am a big fan of ethnic enclaves, and have been wondering which areas of Rome are 'multicultural' and which types of people I could come across (Chinese? North African? Horn African? Indian? etc)

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multiculturalism in Rome

Well, Rome is not too multicultural if you compare it to a city like New York, or London. Few ethnic restaurants, and certainly fewer non-Italians. But there are certainly areas with a lot of immigrants, especially in the periphery, not too many in the center of Rome. Off the top of my head, I would recommend visiting the area of Piazza Vittorio, not far from Termini. A lot of Romans complain that Chinese immigrants have bought all shops in the area, so there are Chinese (I don't know if they also live there). There are also a lot of Africans living in the area (I don't know what part of Africa, though, sorry), and I don't know about the Indians.

I am sure other Rome experts can help with this interesting topic!

2. Re: Multiculturalism in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 17:19