We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Food in Rome

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
301 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Food in Rome

Hello there, I am a big fan of sea food, and i've heard that in rome, you can find some of the best sea food resturants . I am looking for some really good resturants, Alothought i don't want these too expensive resturants, i just want one of the best resturants in terms of , quality, location, price. Thnx ALOT!

Here
Level Contributor
531 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Food in Rome

The best seafood restaurant in Rome is La Rosetta near the Pantheon. I've never eaten there because I wanted to have money for retirement - it's very expensive. I don't see how 2 people could walk out of there for less than 200 euro. It may be worth the price but it's waaay out of my league.

I like a place called Corte del Grillo. Nothing but fish and seafood here. It's located on a tiny street called Salita del Grillo 6b that runs between Via Nazionale and Via Cavour near Qurinale Palace. The restaurant is closer to Via Nazionale.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Food in Rome

We loved this place:

Da Albino il Sardo all'Angoletto, on Via della Luce just off Piazza Mastai in Tastevere.

Sardinian restaurant serving very simple but terrific fresh fish and shellfish roasted in a wood oven. Also great pizza. Almost no other tourists - not much English spoken but staff is very friendly and helpful. Inexpensive (e.g. we shared an order of clams, a pizza, a whole fish and some roasted potatoes and this great Sardinian flatbread. With a bottle of the house white (6Euro) and a couple of Mirtos each (Sardinian digestif flavoured with Myrtle), the bill was less than 60 Euro. We went twice in one week.

England
Level Contributor
749 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Food in Rome

I would highly recommend La Cornucopia in Trasevere. Had a great meal there clams & spaghetti, out of this world! Have a look: www.ristorantidiroma.com/cornucopia/home.htm

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Food in Rome

Osteria der Belli in piazza sant'apollonia in trastevere, sardinian restaurant as well.

Quinzi & Gabrielli, up scale sea food place, same owner of the Rosetta, via delle coppelle near the pantheon

Alceste on corso rinascimento, between the pantheon & navona square.

Ciao Daniela

Any City
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Food in Rome

Da Alceste al Buongusto $$$

Piazza Novena

Seafood, fresh, good location and sidewalk seating.

Alberto Ciarla $$$$

Trastevere (very expensive though)

Freshest Seafood, Outdoors. Great old famous seafooder.

Osteria der Belli $$

Piazza Sant'Apollonia. Trastevere

It's a good Roman/Sardinian restaurant, they have a great buffet of appetizers and fish/seafood is also especially good.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Food in Rome

Another vote for Osteria der Belli in Trastevere

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Food in Rome

Daniela, (Rome70), I was always told that Rome was not the place to go for sea food and fish..... have things changed nowadays ? I love fish.... but hesitate to try it 'inland'......

I always go for fish when staying on the coast.

I understood that Rome's speciality was really good meat dishes.

Can you comment on this ? Thank you.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea Food in Rome

In the town of Anzio south of Rome about 50 minutes by train are some of the best seafood restaurants in the Lazio region....from the most reasonable prices of course to the more expensive options. There is an esplanade with many options of seafood restaurants to choose from...you might want to consider a side trip down there if you are a seafood lover...especially in the summer months as you can enjoy the lovely stroll and seaside atomosphere..

Tracy, California
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea Food in Rome

I also wondered about seafood in Rome. I will be there for 2.5 days and Da Albino il sardo all'angoletto sounds so good and reasonable. However, I will arrive after 5 days in Capri. Should I try another type of restaurant? (non-touristy and not too expensive). I keep hearing about artichokes in Rome -- any suggestions of what to order or where to go? My first night is south of the Vatican (S.Maria alle Fornaci) so I thought to try a nice dinner in Trastevere or Jewish ghetto areas.

Counting the days...!

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sea Food in Rome

bump