We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rome or florence

England
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
rome or florence

I will be in Italy for 7 days. Should I spend 3 days in Florence and 4 in Rome or Visa Versa

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,086 reviews
from US$76.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$413.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,854 reviews
from US$123.90*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,653 reviews
from US$57.50*
Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
582 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rome or florence

Hi!

You could spend an almost infinite amount of time in either. However, as Rome is much larger in terms of both geography and number of sites, I would recommend 4 days in Rome and 3 in Florence. Rome is also more of a big city so part of your decision is more a matter of personal taste and what your priorities are for what you want to see and do.

Happy travels!

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rome or florence

I agree with travelfun - 3 days in Florence and 4 in Rome.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rome or florence

Well........I honestly didnt enjoy Rome that much (too crowded and too many people trying to rip me off) so I would spend 4 days in Florence and 3 days in Rome. 3 days in Rome was more than enough for me.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rome or florence

I agree with the first two posts and must say that my own impression when I visited Florence is quite the opposite of Jenwee's. I thought of Florence as overrated and felt that there were a lot more people there trying to rip you off. My next stop, after Florence was Rome, where I even chose to stay for 6 months (compared to four nights in Florence).