We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Markets

I would appreicate if anyone could inform me :

are markets on daily and where is the best one?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Markets

There are a variety of street markets that run from once monthly to daily. The most popular weekly market jammed with everything from furniture to socks, is porta Portese, every Sunday. Of the daily markets, I would recommend Campo dei Fiori, where you'll find fruit, veges, spices and a smattering of housewares and other articles: every day until around 2 pm.

london
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Markets

Word of Warning. Fantastic market at Porta ortese, but lots of Pick pockets. Watch out for "african" women carrying wicker baskets, they hold the baskets in front of them, slip your wallet out then slide it straight into the baskets. Do not take valuables or lots of cards & cash.

Having said that it's great , loads of stuff. Sorry one more thing, do not under any cicumstances get scammed by the guys playing that old "Which cup is the ball under" game, not sure of it's correct name, but as you can imagine it's fixed. you will indeed pick the correct cup , but with lightning speed they nudge the disc under the next cup, result = YOU LOSE.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Markets

Many thanks for your replies. I'll head to Porto P... on Sunday. What time does it start/finish?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
280 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Markets

Cork2004 - a friend of mine who lived in Rome said to get there fairly early for the Porta Portese market on Sunday, by 9 or so would be fine

Beltsville, Maryland
Level Contributor
28 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Markets

What are you looking for at the market? We went to the Testaccio market which is fabulous for fresh meat, fish, vegetables, cured meats, breads, all types of food really. Had some clothes & other type vendors. Really seems to cater to the local residents rather than the tourists.