We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Area To Stay With Teens

maryland
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Area To Stay With Teens

Hi, we are taking our 2 teens ( 19 & 17 ) on a cruise this summer out of Rome. We will be flying in 2 days early. Can i have some suggestions on which ares would be the most fun for us to stay. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Level Contributor
168 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Area To Stay With Teens

I brought my teen in December. We stayed center city @ the Hotel Cosmopolita. You can walk everywhere from here. I would stay here again, in this area or Via Veneto $$$$

Mentioned in this post
Via Veneto
Via Veneto
607 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Cosmopolita Hotel
Cosmopolita Hotel
1,343 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Area To Stay With Teens

Since the teens are old enough to walk around on their own, I'd aim for a place near one of the three main piazzas that are hubs of activity: Piazza Navona (and Pantheon, near it), Campo dei Fiori (but be aware it gets a bit wild after midnight), and Piazza di Spagna. These are fun places for kids to walk to, hang out, see lots of other teens and young adults doing the same thing and all of the piazzas are in safe areas.

Mentioned in this post
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
30,898 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Pantheon
Pantheon
63,126 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Area To Stay With Teens

i agree with Solo Roma. A hotel near the Spanish Seps will be fun for them. There are many at the bottom of the steps on the little side streets.

They can look in all the shops on the Via Condotti and also the less expensive places onThe Croso. When my daughter went to school in Rome she and her friends always made a bee line for The Corso when they had free time. Record shops, clothing stores, shoe shops all the things teen age kids adore!

Little side streets l,ike Via della Croce ,has lots of shops and also good places to eat an inexpensive lunch or snack.

You might never get them on the ship :)

Mentioned in this post
Via Condotti
Via Condotti
850 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Roma Boutique Hotel
Roma Boutique Hotel
651 Reviews
Rome, Italy
The Spanish Suite
The Spanish Suite
153 Reviews
Rome, Italy
maryland
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Area To Stay With Teens

Thank you so much , i will pass it to my consolidater who is looking for rooms for us for july. I just want to make sure he puts in the right areas.

5. Re: Best Area To Stay With Teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 19:19