We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Roma in Washington

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Roma in Washington

What timing! Now that ECI (Mike) and the gang are meeting up in Rome, I'm here in the States.

I'd love to meet any TA members who happen to be going to the NIAF (National Italian American Foundation) Piazza d'Italia event at the Hilton (Oct 12 & 13). I'll be at the Books Pavilion sigining copies of my book both days, so stop by and say hello if you're there.

JM Pasquesi

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,072 reviews
from US$76.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$413.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,853 reviews
from US$123.90*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,650 reviews
from US$57.40*
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Roma in Washington

Have a wonderful book signing!

Wish we could see you there.

Mike

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Roma in Washington

Hello SoloRoma!! Hope you have a wonderful turnout for your booksigning. Sounds like your book sales are doing well !! We sure do miss your constant posts on here. I keep wondering how many things that I don't know because you haven't been posting !! LOL !!

Seriously, have a wonderful,wonderful time in Washington---wish I could be there to meet you, too !!! Ciao bella !!! (oops.wrong book !!) :-)

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Roma in Washington

I may try to stop by and say hello SoloRoma, as I don't live too far from the Hilton.

I won't be attending the NIAF conference though....I'm afraid I would be viewed as a poseur, as I have no Italian blood in me whatsoever (you have no idea how bitter I am about that).

FYI - if you like Ed Hopper, there is a major exhibit of his work in town at the National Gallery of Art.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Roma in Washington

You guys are great. Witty -- true to your handle! I'm always hoping to run into TA members live and in person. jj, you do not have to be Italian to attend - rather, it is a showcase for things Italian -- espresso, wine, cheeses, etc., but I'm not sure if only NIAF memebers can attend or if it's open to everyone. That's a good question I'll have to find out about.

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Roma in Washington

jj ~~ did you read what she wrote ?? Espresso, wine and cheese !!! Go for it !!! :-) And of course the chance to meet our wonderful friend !! I wish that I lived there !

BTW, Solo ~~ is it possible that you might be in Rome by the middle of November???? Someone would certainly love to meet you. :-)

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Roma in Washington

Witty, you're going back again already--brava! I should be in town. Best to contact me directly through jm@romewithkids.com

7. Re: Solo Roma in Washington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 12:20