We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SCAVI Tour confirm in less than 1 week

San Diego
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Topic
SCAVI Tour confirm in less than 1 week

Thats right - sent in my request by email for my upcoming trip the first week in May 2008 and rcvd the confirmation back just a few hours ago - filled with a lot of instructions and info - especially emphasized was NO ONE UNDER 15 yrs old.

tickets are 10.00 Euros and I have 50.00 days to pay for them starting now.

So I feel sorry for all those who have had to wait three to four months before hearing back, maybe they hired more people.

Dick

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,556 Reviews
from US$74.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private...
541 Reviews
from US$395.80*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,875 Reviews
from US$58.80*
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SCAVI Tour confirm in less than 1 week

Or maybe the Pope read your last post. After reading that, no one deserves to go more than you do!

Maybe you'll put in a good word for me when I go back!

Michelle

San Diego
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SCAVI Tour confirm in less than 1 week

MichelleDallas - Its so strange that you should say that because I had a very strange and goosebump unsettling feeling similar to what you said, in that I immediately also felt that Someone who saw that very post put in a good nudge somehow because I couldnt believe that I got such a fast response given everything I have read from others without some sort of intervention. Especially since it is fullfilling a 60 year lifetime ambition.

I didnt think of the Pope, but I quickly thought of DominiSumus who has a religous symbol as a signature,is classified as a Vatican City expert on this forum and resides in the Vatican and of whom I know is involved in parish ministry and is working on degrees of theology and is from my home state of Mass. and I suspect the Fall River area, and has responded to my posts as well as those of many others. He would probably be suprised at how much I know about him or how I found out.

DominiSumus is of course of Latin derivation and loosely means "We belong to the Lord", -back in feudal times it referred to lands or property that belonged directly to the King or "Lord".

We all of course have a guardian angel watching over us. My angel is fat and dumpy and likes to sit in a tree. Occasionally he does get carried away with himself and gets TOO bossy with me and has to be put in his place. Remember Bishop Fulton J. Sheen of TV fame who's angel was always mysteriously appearing on his blackboard?

The Bishop who presided over my confirmation became a Cardinal and ended up in Rome, and I had a cousin who was a priest in charge of a seminary in Conn. who also ended up in Rome.

You never know who is watching out for,or over you and at my age I will take all the attention I am fortunate to get.

If indeed Someone out there did something in the way of assisting my request I am of course respectfully and eternally gratefull.

Pax vobiscum,

Dick

Mentioned in this post
Vatican City
Vatican City
5,779 Reviews
Vatican City, Italy
Vatican
Vatican
239 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SCAVI Tour confirm in less than 1 week

We got our confirmation back abot two weeks ago for our trip with will be in March. My father-in-law traveling with us also applied for tickets (neither of us knew the other had) and he got confirmatio n back yesterday. We both applied a couple weeks prior to getting replies.

Gottagocit

LA
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SCAVI Tour confirm in less than 1 week

I sent in my request on the 16th of Oct. for 5 tickets in March 2008 and received confirmation back today! WOW, only 4 days. Maybe they really did hire more staff.

Brenda

England
Level Contributor
487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: SCAVI Tour confirm in less than 1 week

Me 2 only 8 days and a yes reply now just the wait till March

6. Re: SCAVI Tour confirm in less than 1 week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 07:18