We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport FCO to Porta Pia

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
302 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
transport FCO to Porta Pia

Hey all:

we're staying in december at the galeno hotel by porta pia. I was looking into our options: cab, terravision bus, the romeshuttlelimousine,etc

How far is this hotel from the airport? i'm so confused as to which option would be best in terms of time/money.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transport FCO to Porta Pia

I presume you are arriving at Fiumicino from the US. If so, you can't take the Terravision bus. It only serves people flying with certain low-cost airlines listed here:

http://www.terravision.eu/rome_fiumicino.html

The fixed rate for a cab is 40 Euro, but taxi drivers will often try to charge more.

www.romeshuttlelimousine.com has a fixed rate of 35 Euro, and their drivers do not try to charge more.

You can also take the Leonardo Express direct train to Rome Termini train station for 11 Euro per person and a taxi from there, which should not cost more than 6 Euro or so, but again, taxi drivers might try to charge more, particularly since it's a short trip.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
302 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport FCO to Porta Pia

thank u i'm saving this info :)

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport FCO to Porta Pia

When I was in Rome in September, I picked up a leaflet from our B&B which has a map of the area which is covered by the 40 euro taxi fare and unfortunately your hotel in Via dei Villini is outside the Aurelian Walls, entitling the driver to run the meter.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
302 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport FCO to Porta Pia

so if i book the romeshuttlelimousine will my hotel be covered under the $35 quote? thanks :)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
302 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport FCO to Porta Pia

in their website it only says FCO to rome $35 for under 3 people. doesn't have list of hotels or locations

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transport FCO to Porta Pia

I'm not sure because romeshuttlelimousine is a private company and is nothing to do with the Comune di Roma taxis. It might be a good idea to email them to get a quote.

7. Re: transport FCO to Porta Pia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 15:20