We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cipro/museo Vaticani area

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Cipro/museo Vaticani area

I'm thinking about renting an apartment in the area (5 minutes walk) around the Cipro metro stop in Viale Rialto.

Do you think the area is safe to go back after a long day visiting Rome with 2 girls (7 & 5), we two and my mum????

Which bus line serves the area??? We will be arriving at Termini and would like to know how long it takes by metro and bus to the area.

Thanks for your help

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cipro/museo Vaticani area

I stayed in this area about five years ago with my Mum (then 75) and my 14 year old son. We found it very safe. It is close to the Vatican museum entrance (you have to go up a flight of stairs from Piazza S Maria delle Grazie - the museum is practically at the top of these stairs), and Cipro metro station which is six stops from Termini and takes around 15-20 minutes. In the car park at the station there is a stand for the bus No. 492 which goes through the centre of Rome to Termini. At Piazzale degli Eroi there is a supermarket, and nearby on Via Andrea Doria is a covered market. At the foot of the stairs is an ice cream parlour which your children will love after a day's sightseeing.

Hope this helps!

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cipro/museo Vaticani area

Thanks chris49. It's been really useful.

3. Re: Cipro/museo Vaticani area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 11:19