We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So what does it cost?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
So what does it cost?

My family and I are going to Rome at the end of December and I'm trying to figure out how much money we'll need on a daily basis. I have information on entrance fees and I guess I can spend as much or as little as I want on souvenirs, but what about food?

I'm sure it varies widely based on tourist area/non-tourist area and fancy vs. casual - but I'm hoping many of you seasoned Rome travelers can give me an estimate on an average meal for 2 adults and a 9-year-old.

And in general, is an average of 100 euros a day enough for everything? We'll be in Rome for 4 days over New Years.

Thanks!!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
757 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: So what does it cost?

It just depends on level you want to spend. My girlfriend and I were in Rome and Venice and I honestly never spent more money on a holiday in my life! I found it incredibly expensive even by European standards, especially with our weak US Dollar (I'm American). We dined at many nice restaurants and at many of them a small pint size bottle of coke as 7 or 8 Euros (over u$s 10)!! And that was for a really small bottle.

There are good affordable places as well as many have mentioned but many of the top rated places are pricey. In Venice we went to St. Mark's Square daily and had coffee and water and listened to the music in the outdoor cafe. 2 Cappochinos and a small water was 40 Euros (u$s 58) as they add on a surcharge for the music. No matter how you slice it...that's some pretty expensive coffee! Still, it was worth it. An incredible country and I'll post a more detailed trip report later.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: So what does it cost?

How much do you have?

:-)'

23. Re: So what does it cost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 20:17