We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Rome

Manchester
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Topic
New Year in Rome

We are sending 3 nights in Rome over New Year and would welcome any tips on what to do on New Year's Eve.

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,050 reviews
from US$77.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
530 reviews
from US$419.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,840 reviews
from US$125.70*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,643 reviews
from US$58.30*
Aquitaine
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year in Rome

We'll be there too for 4 nights so I hope someone replies!

God's 1/2 acre
Level Contributor
849 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year in Rome

Guys

Try New years eve in the search box at the top of the forum

Martha

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year in Rome

There are always fireworks at midnight in Piazza del Popolo, but other piazza's traditionally have something either New year's eve night, or New year's day, like Piazza Campidoglio and Piazza Quirinale.

In addition, there is a festival for kids on New Year's day in PIazza del Popolo.

Upper Marlboro...
Level Contributor
30 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year in Rome

I was thinking about ice-skating at the auditorium...it is open until 0100 and I assume the metro will still be running then to get us back into the city center.

We're thirty-somethings and are looking for something other than the bars. Piazza del Popolo is probably our backup.

Seems like the nightclubs will be expensive, packed, and loud...I must be getting old, since that's not appealing anymore!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year in Rome

I believe the ice-skating opening hours are Monday – Thursday, 5 – 6:30 pm; Friday 5 – 6:30 pm and 9 pm – 12:30 am.

6. Re: New Year in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 00:17